Granite Services International, Inc. (www.gsinc.com) helps power the world, building industries and creating solutions to some of our customers’ most complex energy problems. With offices in more than 50 countries, we are a global leader in providing field service solutions to the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, wind, and power & water segments.
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
Description The Immigration Professional I will work with a regional immigration team and work closely with multiple functions as well as external stakeholders to ensure compliance with all of Granite’s immigration policies and procedures. The Immigration Professional I will work frequently with Visa agencies, Consulate/Government officers and Immigration attorneys to handle daily activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all paperwork, including applications for immigration and visas, are completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Partner with stakeholders and colleagues to identify work permit visa and residency requirements and propose alternative strategies when routine solutions are unavailable
• Manage the team in accordance with company HR policies and guidance from immigration team leadership including recruitment, performance reviews, pay decisions and personnel related activities
• Serve as a point of escalation for complex immigration issues
• Ensure compliance with country specific immigration requirements
• Maintain internal policies and procedures in compliance with immigration regulations both within and outside of the region
• Manage the local relationships, performances, and evaluations of internal and external vendors to ensure a clear understanding of the company’s needs and business objectives and costs are tracked and reviewed
• Provide training and communications for individuals and groups on immigration related policies and procedures
• Work with managers to ensure PO and other finance processes are in place when needed to obtain appropriate billing numbers for invoices and determine whether the charge is billable or non-billable
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Excellent time and project management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Some travel required
• English proficiency required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, plus five years Immigration-specific experience, or equivalent
To apply, visit Granite's Career Website