Simeon's Pivot Resources - Our client, in the energy and non-energy sector, is seeking for qualified, competent and well experienced candidates to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Reports to: Executive Director Finance
- The Chief Financial Officer will be reporting to the Executive Director Finance; help in guiding the Company through dynamic growth, market expansion and an ultimate equity liquidity event.
- The CFO will manage and arrange funding requirements for the company and its subsidiaries; ensure the provision of efficient and effective financial support services and advice subsidiaries on new business ventures as and when required.
It includes but is not limited to the following:
- Leading the planning, budgeting and forecasting activities of the company
- Forecasting the funding requirements, assess its impact on the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, monitoring bank overdrafts limits, and proper cash and treasury management.
- Prepare timely monthly MIS reports with sound analyses and variance explanations.
- Advising senior managers on matters relating to mergers, acquisitions, investments, risk management and business development.
- Provide the Executive Director with all financial requirements on a timely and accurate basis
- Prepare timely annual accounts and ensure timely finalization of audits.
- Manage the working capital with the clear mandate to improve stock management and reduce stock levels, reduce Accounts Receivables & reduce finance costs.
- Responsible for making strategic decisions, investment plans, financial planning/budgeting/ reporting, developing financial aspects of Annual Operating Plan (AOP), capital expenditure plan and cost control including P & L and cost centers responsibility.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Monitoring financial statutory requirements and compliances, etc.
- Monitoring legal cases pertaining to Finance & Accounts function (such as doubtful debts).
- Develop financial, tax strategies and budgeting processes.
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement methodologies with specific focus on growth, cost reduction and process improvements
- Organizational development through leadership development plans, succession planning, etc for critical positions in the department.
- Participating actively in management meetings and discussion on business strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Competency
- Excellent Leadership and Management Skills; firm and decisive
- Interpersonal and Contract negotiation skills
- Excellent Numeracy Skills
- Relevant Functional Skills & Expertise
- Computer literacy with good IT skills
- Proficient in Accounting Package
- Resource & People Management.
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making.
- Demonstrated strong analytical ability.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and Presentation Skills.
- Good financial/accounting skills and costing experience
- Financial modeling
- Must have strong investigative skills and attention to details
- Strong ethical commitment to impartiality and transparency
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting or Finance
- A master’s Degree in accounting is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA)is a MUST
- At least 12 - 15years experience in the Accounting field; with a cognate experience as a Chief Financial Officer or in a Managerial position.
- Experience in an energy industry will be an advantage.
- Proven knowledge of International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS)
- Experienced in cost accounting, budgeting, financial planning, contract negotiation and financial analysis.
Very Attractive with benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as subject.
Note: If you are not qualified for this position please do not apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.