SSCE Graduate Job at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 11 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
- The role of the Reception Security Guard is to effect the necessary actions that ensure all conditions of entry and exit are met by all personnel whilst actively enhancing the security culture to create a positive environment through the professional application of policy and procedure.
Key aims and objectives:
- Immediate and direct supervision and responsibility for all security duties at the assigned reception area and its immediate environs in respect of but not limited to:
- Access Control
- Mail control
- Incident Response
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct supervision in the application and implementation of approved access control procedures and guard orders.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Management of visitors including:
- Maintaining a record of all visitors
- Appropriate action in the event of unannounced visitors
- Announcement to host of visitor arrival
- Management of mail including:
- Maintaining record of:
- Inbound and outbound mail
- Collection and delivery
- Ensuring all mail is subject to signature
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during business and non-business hours Receiving telephone calls and where necessary redirecting to appropriate office
- Key control
- Monitoring of physical and technical access control assets (including CCTV) and reporting malfunctions in a timely manner for resolution
- Maintaining a shift Log Book documenting all occurrences
- Documenting all handover and takeover details between shifts
- Maintain the reception environment in an orderly manner
- Immediate reporting of information to the Chief Security Officer
- Acting as incident commander until relieved of duty in the event of an incident.
- Deliver verbal updates and or flash reports to the wider SIIFZ Security Department
- Reports directly to the Chief Security Officer
- Reports indirectly to and liaises with Security Risk Manager
- Liaison with PA to the MD
- Provide initial client interface upon arrival at reception
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven working experience as a security guard or relevant experience (minimum 5 years).
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Integrity and professionalism
- Able to deal with uncertainty, have good judgement and emotional control
- A comprehensive understanding of the English language both written and verbal.
- Sound computer skills.
- Good common sense and integrity.
- Minimum GCE Educational Certificate
- Certificate of professional security training
- Nigerian Institute of Industrial Security Qualification/ similar
- Ordinary National Diploma Education.
- Member of Professional Security Body (e.g. ASIS)
Method of Application
To apply, visit Jagal's HRSmart Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Program Officers at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- Job Opportunities at Dream Mesh
- Job Openings at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Job Openings at EMBiNIX
- Job Vacancies at Subsea 7
- IT/Computer Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Deputy Manager, Sales at Thermax Limited
- Customer Service Officer at Germaine Auto Centre