If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Oakland International School - Our School, a British Curriculum Early Years and Primary school requires the services of certified and experienced candidates for September 2016, to fill the position below:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The teachers must be able to design and teach a creative and refreshingcurriculum for the school based on the QCA requirements.
- The teachers must be able to prepare pupils for life by ensuring teaching and learning are linked to real life experiences.
- The teachers must have high standards and lessons must be interactive and must have cross-curricular links to other subjects.
- The teachers must encourage a culture of life-long learning in the pupils, ensuring they are eager to learn and independent in their thinking and quest for knowledge.
- Teachers must be able to motivate learners and ensure all pupils are working at their highest potential.
- Teachers must have effective strategies for supporting all learners and ensuring learning is effective and efficient.
- The teachers must be able to work with little supervision and bring a lot of creativity on board.
- Teachers must be able to make lessons interactive and fun.
- Teachers must be able to plan, make good use of available resources and execute excellent lessons.
- Must be disciplined and have good classroom control.
- The teachers must have a good working knowledge of the British Curriculum and how children learn.
- Teachers must know how to make good use of technology to deliver interesting lessons with measurable results.
- The candidate must have the minimum academic qualification of a B. Ed or a PGDE from a reputable institution.
- The candidate must have original copies of their certificates as evidence of having completed their course of study.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years teaching experience in a British Curriculum School.
- Teachers who have excellent Managerial skills serving as Middle Managers/ Key Stage Coordinators /Departmental Heads and other skills are highly encouraged to apply and state this clearly as it is an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications including the applicants Curriculum vitae to the Head Teacher via either of these 2 addresses:
Oakland International School,
3 Volta Street,
Or Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org