Vacancy for Finance/Admin Manager at Stakeholder Democracy Network (SDN))
Posted on: 3 October, 2012
Deadline: 12 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a right - based perspective, SON is currently working in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by the oil exploitation to challenge the resource curse.
SDN has identified seven spotlight issues that represent significant long held grievances and acute problems. They are: Oil Spills, Gas Flaring, Energy Justice, Democratization, Responsive Governance, Women's Rights and Urban Justice.
SDN is currently advertising for the following position to work in our Nigerian Office:
Job Position: Finance and Admin Manager
The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Country Director in Nigeria, The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, internal systems and controls, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Finance and Administration Manager will playa critical role In partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as SDN continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity, This is a tremendous Opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Minimum of a Post graduate degree ideally With an MBNCPA or related degree
- Spoken and written fluency in English - Written articles I examples of your writing ability in relation to
- governance in Nigeria;
- At least 5-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years, of broad financial and
- operations management experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Proven experience supporting and managing project staff,
- The ideal candidate has experience official responsibility for the quality and content Of all financial d a t a , reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has prefer a b I Y overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to - and to effectively collaborate with - programmatic and
- fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in donor reporting and grants management
- IT skills: word. excel and online communication skills,
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing
- relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the
- organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving Skills
- which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and w 0 rk
- with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of SON
Commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a brief covering letter and curriculum vitae to Daniel Bob-Manuel Admin Officer, SDN at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the email email@example.com with Finance and Admin Manager Advert in the subject line.
Applications must be received before 12th of October 2012
Your application will be acknowledged but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
For further information on SON, visit www.stakeholderdemocracy.org and www.stand.stakeholderdemocracy.org.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International