Job at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited NMTL
Posted on: 8 April, 2016
Deadline: 22 April, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMTL)
Nigeria Machine Tools Limited NMTL factory is located on a 110 hectare industrial site in Osogbo town, capital of Osun state, South West Nigeria (about 300km north east of Lagos). The facility consists of 4 assembly and heavy machine shops, 3 light machine shops, and a foundry with independent pattern and casting shops and a dedicated training school. A residential housing estate also exists for the Company’s staff.
- Nigeria Machine Tools limited is the leading manufacturer of machine tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa.
- Our assembly, production capabilities and plant facilities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex machinery tools and varied equipment.
- NMTL is further engaged in the manufacture and production of industrial spare parts and fittings for energy and power, and iron and steel industries; manpower training in various engineering and technological fields; provision of after-sales and consultancy services; thus influencing the growth of downstream industries associated with the machine tools industry.
- The Company also manufactures and assembles agricultural tractors and implements under its proprietary BULL trademark.
- As part of its expansion, the company is seeking to engage the services of a resourceful and competent person as Head of Training and outsourcing services.
- Develop in-depth technical and management training curriculum for the technical training school and technical staff within the group.
- Oversee the management of Technical Apprenticeship Scheme to meet the short and longer term needs of the group.
- Accredit the technical training unit with National Business and Technical Examination Board and other statutory agencies.
- Develop and market training courses for corporate companies or government agencies requiring their technical staff to be trained.
- Drive the technical training budget and ensure all expenditures are kept within the limit.
- Evaluate the in-house staff training needs, design and facilitates technical courses to improve efficiency in all the technical services within the group.
- Evaluate training programme and ensure the transfers of knowledge and skill into the trainees are met during and after the training.
- Research and identify the training tools or materials necessary to enhance knowledge and skill transfer and make appropriate recommendation(s) to the management e.t.c.
Technical Skills and Personal Qualities
- Relevant experience in designing, development, delivery of technical training programmes within a workshop environment.
- Ability to manage a strategic business unit.
- Ability to respond to RFP and tenders as well as make presentation.
- Self motivated with strong business and marketing skills.
- Good personality and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to transfer information or concepts into a usable format.
- Good computer skill with knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other engineering software programs
- Ready to travel across the country for training and business prospects.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- M.Sc or MBA and membership of relevant professional bodies such as COREN, NITAD e.t.c will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in machine/implement & general technical training.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward a copy of their application in Microsoft Word format stating the position on the top left corner of their resume to: email@example.com
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMTL)Similar Jobs
- Graduate Materials Management Executive at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- Operations Lead at Greenpeg Nigeria Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Manager, Diving and Offshore Maintenance Services at Hyprops Nigeria Limited
- Pavement and Materials Engineer at an Engineering Company - ValueFronteira Limited
- Business Development Manager at ALE Nigeria
- Senior Cost Specialist at DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited - WorleyParsons
- Mechanical Engineers at McTimothy Associates