New Job at JAGAL Group Nigeria
Posted on: 29 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
- Principal responsibility for the optimisation of all commercial issues within the Company
Key aims and objectives:
- To implement and manage an effective bidding and proposal function.
- To implement, update and manage a contract management system.
- To implement, update and manage a contract change management system.
- To implement and manage a corporate risk management system and to identify, minimise and mitigate contract and commercial risk
- To develop Overall Commercial strategy for the Company in conjunction with the MD across all business lines on Snake Island.
- To maintain and manage a cost effective insurance portfolio for the business.
- To ensure that appropriate legal and commercial processes and procedures are in place and are complied with.
- To manage and maintain an effective legal support function.
- To ensure all contracts, subcontracts and joint ventures are adequately reviewed and that they meet the Company’s commercial and legal requirements before signature.
- To ensure during proposal preparation that business risks are identified, quantified, minimised to an acceptable level and mitigated.
- To ensure that contract risk management is performed in the best interest of the company.
- To ensure that risk registers are prepared and regularly reviewed on all projects and at a company level.
- To ensure that all stakeholders are aware of contract, legal and commercial risks.
- To review all major bids and proposals prior to submission
- Ensure that all bids are fully compliant including in terms of Nigerian Content .
- To ensure that effective commercial processes and procedures are in place at project, corporate and company level
- To ensure that all claims and contract variations are negotiated in the best interest of the company and adequately documented
- Champion a culture that places safety and the environment as top priorities at all levels throughout the Company
- Build trust and confidence with clients at a senior level
- Ensure that the Company selects, develops and deploys trained and competent people within the Commercial function with dual focus of maximising use of Nigerian Nationals and bringing in world class expertise
- Create commercial strategies and plans for each operational area to support the growth of the business in accordance with the overall Company strategy
- Ensure the highest levels of transparency and integrity are maintained within the business.
- Ensure an effective legal function within the Company.
- To ensure that all required insurance policies are placed on time and managed properly to protect the company’s interest.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Participate in the Executive Committee and/or other such senior meetings as required
- Provide support and assistance to the MD as required – including deputising in his absence if required
- Mentor at least one high potential Nigerian national in terms of senior management development
Key internal interfaces:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Operations Director
- Director of Projects
- Director of Fabrication
- General Manager HSEQ
- General Manager SIMCo
- General Manager Human Resources
- General Manager, Supply Chain
- IT & IM Manager
- Administration Manager
- Snr Project Managers
Key external Interfaces:
- JV partners
- Strong commitment to high standards of safety and safeguarding of the environment
- Preferably degree qualified in a relevant Legal, Commercial or Business Management discipline
- Strong Leadership style empathetic to a multi-cultural business environment
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour - sets a good example
- Good communication skills - oral, written, IT and presentation
- Preferably has previous experience of working in developing countries
- Significant track record of success within an operations focussed environment – preferably gained with an Oil and Gas EPC contractor
- Able to be a change agent and bring EPC best practice
- Highly motivated and performance orientated
- Strategically focused
- Commercially astute with a focus on delivering financial results
- Good Time Management and delegation skills
- Committed to development of talent at all levels in the Company
Method of Application
To apply, visit JAGAL Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Accrete Petroleum Limited
- Pipelines Engineer at DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited
- Delivery Driver at Project Debbas Limited
- IPI PowerTech Graduate Trainee Recruitment Program
- Nanny Assistant at Leabridge School
- Job Openings at Hyprops Nigeria Limited
- Project Manager at Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at ALE