EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Fistula Care Plus, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor will be responsible for managing monitoring, evaluation and research activities for Fistula Care/Nigeria.
1. Provide overall technical leadership and oversight of monitoring, evaluation and research work in Fistula Care Plus /Nigeria.
2. Work with Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria clinical and program teams to develop the Project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
3. Oversee implementation of the PMP including production and use of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
4. In coordination with the project clinical team led by Deputy Project Manager, technically review all information produced by Fistula Care Plus /Nigeria and maximize its use in strategy and program planning, refinement and execution.
5. In consultation with the New York-based team and the clinical team oversee all local management and implementation of special studies such as the community fistula screening surveys, costing tool pilot, evaluation of community mobilization strategy, the presentation and dissemination of findings from the determinants of post-operative outcomes prospective study, and the duration of catheterization RCT.
6. Review and provide feedback on study protocols carried out in Nigeria, in compliance with EngenderHealth’s Evaluation and Research Standard Operating Procedures (E&R SOPs).
7. Oversee data use capacity building across Fistula Care PLus /Nigeria project and partner staff through use of the FC data for decision making curriculum.
8. Assure that evaluation and documentation of Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria activities are built into project expansion and all capacity- building efforts the project undertakes.
9. Initiate and maintain strong ties with all Fistula Care/Nigeria M, E &R partners including the MoH, National Health Research/Ethics Council (NHREC) State and LGA leadership/management, and site-level staff.
10. Represent Fistula Care Plus/Nigeria in National Technical Working Groups responsible for developing research related protocols and guidelines.
11. Supervise Data Coordinator, as well as monitoring, evaluation and research consultants and interns.
12. Travel 30% of time for field based technical assistance.
13. Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Master’s degree in a field related to epidemiology, biostatistics, monitoring and evaluation of international health and development programs.
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience in M,E&R working on international health projects.
• Experience designing and conducting operations/applied research.
• Experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
• Familiarity with working in USAID-funded contracts or cooperative agreements preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word in addition to statistical applications (e.g. SPSS, Stata, Epi Info); knowledge of qualitative software packages desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- English fluency required.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities and is committed to diversity for all employees. EngenderHealth does not consider race, creed, ancestry, nationality, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, status as a disabled or any other characteristic or protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, benefits, staff development, training, promotion and any other employment conditions.
To apply, visit EngenderHealth Career Page