Association of Esan Professional (AEP) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 2001 to project and support the socio-cultural and economic development of Esanland, Edo State. In furtherance of numerous developmental issues, AEP set up an Education Trust Foundation to intervene in infrastructure as well as financial assistance in form of grants and bursaries. Both organisations are headquartered in Lagos, with affiliate branches in other cities in Nigeria.
The program director is responsible for initiating, coordinating and implementing developmental programs for the empowerment of Esan people. Specifically, as Executive Secretary, AEP Education Trust Foundation, he/she should be good fundraiser with a deep knowledge and understanding of local/international donor agencies and support group across many sectors especially in education, health and economic empowerment.
- Management of all developmental programs.
- The day-to-day management of the secretariat, including support staff and maintenance of good financial records and accounts.
- Effective liaison between AEP/Foundation and Government officials in the three tiers of government, traditional rulers, other bodies and Donor agencies (local& international)
- Management of the reporting responsibility of the AEP/Foundation to statutory agencies.
- Assist the Executive and Heads of Committees in the execution and realization of all approved programs of AEP/Foundation.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with all AEP members/Foundation Officials.
- Ensure the financial viability of AEP through timely collection of dues and other levies.
- Entails working full time, making extensive contacts, including business networks.
- University Degree in the Social Sciences, Business Administration or related field.
- A higher degree will be an added advantage.
The PD/ES will be a dynamic and experienced professional who has worked in a leadership position in a Non-profit organisation or ma senior management role:
- Excellent communication skills to articulate the Association’s work and engage effectively with International donor agencies/Foundations and Government agencies.
- Ability to engage effectively with the governing board.
- Have a high level of integrity and ability to build trust with partnering institutions and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.)
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and work with minimal supervision.
- A prudent manager of resources.
- Fluent in Esan language and familiar with the geography of Esanland.
Competitive in an NGO Environment.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs with a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.