Jobs in an Indigenous Financial Risk Solution Provider
Posted on: 10 March, 2016
Deadline: 24 March, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
We are an indigenous financial risk solution provider with well over 30 years of business practice in Nigeria. We seek the services of up-beat and charismatic insurance professionals who can make real contributions to our strategic business expansion plan.
We require qualified candidates for the position below:
- The GM, Finance & Accounts will provide leadership and direction in General Ledger Accounting, Regulatory, Reporting, Investment, Taxation and Financial Transaction Processing.
- Lead, guide and develop a professional Finance & Accounts team in Insurance Accounting, MIS Reporting, Regulatory Reporting. Investment, Taxation and Financial Transaction Processing.
- Responsible for leading General Ledger Accounting team to maintain timely and accurate accounts as per regulations.
- Responsible for F&A Regulatory Reporting, Monthly Reporting and Management Reporting to enable decision making.
- Responsible for Operations Accounting to ensure team delivers within agreed TAT with focus on customer service and operational controls,
- Responsible for timely and accurate Monthly Cost Center reports.
- Responsible for timely and clean Statutory Audit and Tax Audit with complete coordination for timely finalization of accounts,
- Responsible for internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting in line with regulations.
- Responsible for all Direct & Indirect Taxation matters and coordination with Tax Consultants.
- Establish and regularly review policies and procedures to ensure sound control around Financial Transaction
- Processing and Reporting with clear focus on implementing best practices in Finance & Accounts
- Proactively engage with the Executive Committee to update on monthly financial results, exceptions observed and support required.
- Chartered Accountant with 15 years of proven Finance Leadership experience in financial services preferably in the insurance industry.
- Expert knowledge of insurance Accounting and proven experience in handling complex accounting transactions.
- Experienced and conversant with the use of accounting softwares.
go to method of application »
- To provide leadership to the operations and marketing team and manage the activities of the division in such a manner as to ensure that business opportunities are optimized and volume, profitability and quality standards are met.
- Reporting to the Managing Director and directly supervising the Marketing and Technical teams, responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the strategic and business planning processes.
- Set annual, quarterly and monthly targets and regularly review them to ensure that the set targets are achieved. If not achieved, determine reasons for shortfall and put in place a remedial plan.
- Drive business development, build and maint5in relationships with key players and use every opportunity to build a positive image for the company in the marketplace.
- Stay abreast of developments in the local and international insurance industry: strive to ensure that the company's operations match those standards. Constantly guide the operations team on effective ways of achieving maximum productivity and work quality of the highest standards in all respects.
- Set business performance standards in all technical operations and marketing areas, develop processes. monitor to ensure compliance and put in place remedial actions.
- Set and drive the implementation of high quality customer care and relationship standards so as to help develop/maintain company's image in the market as a supplier of first class products.
- Prepare periodic operational reports for management and Bonn] review
- Set performance standards for staff and monitor performance.
- Manage, develop and train staff.
- University Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Engineering.
- Postgraduate certificate is an advantage.
- Fully qualified professional of the Chartered Insurance institute of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the insurance industry.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications including a cover letter and detailed CVs highlighting relevant experience, a day time phone contact and email address on/before close of business to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Deloitte
- Accountants at a Financial Consulting Company - Eden Solution and Resources
- Latest Recruitment at African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Senior Executive Assistant to the Senior Partner at WFO Roedl & Partner
- Jobs at Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Graduate Marketing Executives at Hedgeworth Microfinance Bank
- Head, Account at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Job Vacancies at Accion Microfinance Bank