Targeted States High Impact Project in Nigeria (TSHIP) is a five-year (2009-2014) health systems strengthening project to increase access to and utilization of integrated maternal, newborn and child health services as well as family planning/reproductive health services. TSHIP is funded by USAID and focuses on Bauchi and Sokoto States in Northern Nigeria.
To complement and extend our in-house base of expertise and talents in the technical, programmatic and organization development aspects of integrated maternal, newborn and child health and family planning/reproductive health services, we seek senior-level consultants with national and international experience with specific expertise in relevant areas such as:
• Child health.
• Maternal and newborn health.
• Health systems strengthening including organization development, management support systems, and partnership building.
• Human resources development/management.
• Strategic and operational planning.
• Integrated MNCH and FP/RH advocacy, and policy analysis and development.
• Health financing, and resource mobilization.
• Integrated MNCH and FP/RH service delivery systems (clinical, commercial, social marketing and community-based).
• Social and personal behaviour change communication, including materials development and media engagement.
• Social, gender and stakeholder analyses.
• Assessments and analysis, and program reviews and evaluations.
• Training and skills development.
TSHIP offers challenging opportunities for creativity and talent, and flexible conditions in working with government stakeholders and other partners to identify and solve problems through participatory and performance improvement approaches, to increase the effectiveness of high impact MNCH and FP/RH interventions. We require consultants who possess minimum of master level (or equivalent) qualification, preferably in the medical and health and/or social sciences, with eight to ten years work/consulting experience.
Method Of Application
If you have the required qualification and are interested, please email your updated curriculum vitae, including information on significant relevant consultancy achievements in the last eight-ten years, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 7 February, 2011.
If selected, additional information on TSHIP consultancy opportunities and procedures, and next steps will be sent to you.