If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of:
The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for identifying project activities in line with NERI country objectives, overseeing grant design, implementation and closeout (this is called the “Activity Cycle”. This includes understanding the strategic objective of each activity and how they fit into the NERI overall goal, as well as overseeing a team to assure successful and rapid implementation of each activity. Activity implementation is mostly “in kind” which means that program management for each activity, including procurement, coordination, logistics and sub-contractor management, as well as monitoring and oversight and final reporting all falls on the responsibility of the Borno Program Team for each activity. The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NERI-funded activities or potential activities. The CDF will develop key transitional activities with local groups, and local/regional government, negotiate budgets, and be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities. This position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the state. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The CDF reports to the Regional Program Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for NRTI activities.
- Identify potential media activities for NRTI support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with media or related organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with NRTI staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- University degree (or ND, HND in Mass Communication, Journalism, International affairs or other related social sciences field is required.
- Three or one years’ minimum work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable or experience with an international NGO/Development Organization will be an added advantage.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 29th February, 2016:
- A cover letter
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities
- Three (3) professional references
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV. Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box #20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.