JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref No: 548
Reporting to: Pipe Profile Machine Supervisor
- Be familiar with the PROCAM MODEL, Operate pipe profile machine / cutting pipes for project structures
Key Aims and Objectives
- Working in a safe manner / Cutting material to a high standard of accuracy and finish
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate machine / manage material
- Daily maintenance checks on pipe profile machine ensure machine is safe to operate, regular housekeeping.
- Operator may be asked to carry out fitting duties or operate other equipment if pipe profile machine does not have sufficient work load.
- Training will be given to any machinery he / she will be asked to operate.
- Material and cutting reports should be kept up to date on a daily basis.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Fabrication Supervision and Management
Key External Interfaces:
- Material Control department, work and facilities department
- He / she should have a reasonable level of Intelligence, be able to work unsupervised, should be able to problem solve, should be able to think on their feet and plan work schedules.
go to method of application »
Ref No: 549
Reports to: Fabrication Manager and Welding Manager
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to weld all position of welding such as 3G, 4G, 6G & 6GR on SMAW/FCAW on both plate and pipe.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.;
- Supervising and identifying any fault in operating the equipment or in relation to any material or equipment, then notifying the supervisors;
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product;
- Operating other accessory equipments and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, and other types of welding arcs;
- Examining finish products and spare parts and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met;
- Being in charge of preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipments for welding job such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipments
Key Internal Interfaces
- Welding Manager
- Fabrication Manger
- Welder and other Staff
- Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
- 3 -5 years minimum, in major Oil & Gas EPC projects, must possess vast Knowledge in the fabrication industry.
- Safety certificate (general) and other safety certification will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit JAGAL Group's Career Page on HR Smart
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.