The Management of the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Hospital.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management under the supervision of the Honourable Minister of Health.
- He is charged with the responsibility of execution of the policies of the Board and the day to day management of the affairs of the Centre.
All prospective candidates must:
- Have basic Medical qualification of not less than twelve (12) years to the date of the advertisement and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Have Postgraduate Fellowship qualification of either the National Postgraduate Medical College or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent obtained and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN), obtained not less than five (5) years to the date of advertisement.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of four (4) years in the first instance which may be renewable for a second/final term of four (4) years based on performance.
- Remuneration is as obtainable in the Federal Tertiary Hospitals in the country.
- Other entitlements are as stipulated in Federal Government’s Public Service Rules and Financial Regulations.
- He/she must be of proven good character and integrity.
- Possession of Management/ICT qualifications and experience in Health Administration and Management at the Tertiary level are added advantages.
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date curriculum vitae, which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underline.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin.
- Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Current Postal Address.
- Permanent Home Address.
- E-mail Address.
- Telephone Number(s).
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and distinctions with date(s).
- Membership of professional Associations/Bodies.
- Work Experience in chronological sequence.
- Present Employer and Status.
- Publications in standard form (if any).
- Extra Curricular Activities.
- Evidence of Teaching/Research Experience.
- Grants/Projects attracted to employer(s).
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Submission of Applications
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked: Application for the post of Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Director of Administration and Secretary of the Board of Management,
Federal Medical Centre,
P.M.B 1001 Lokoja,
In addition, candidates are required to request three (3) referees to forward confidential reports on them to the above address before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.