If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Reports to: Financial Controller
- To support the Financial Controller (Management Accounts) in the leadership of the Finance Department
- To lead the Payroll and Timekeeping Departments.
- Ensure that payrolls are prepared and paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that financial reporting is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide financial analysis to meet internal and external requirements
- Lead, develop and motivate a professional team in the Finance Department in order to provide high-quality service to both internal and external users
- Ensure compliance with financial regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller including but not limited to the following functions:
Monthly Management Accounts:
- Produce monthly management accounts within 7 working days of the month end including variance analysis, KPI analysis and recommendations to improve financial performance;
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly management accounts;
- Review key assumptions for reasonableness; analyse and quantify key risks and judgements used in the financial figures reported.
- Oversee the management of vendor invoice processing to ensure vendor liabilities are captured in a timely and accurate manner and to enable timely payment by the Treasury Department.
- Client invoicing:
- Oversee the management of client invoicing to ensure that it is carried out in a timely and accurate manner and that all amounts chargeable are fully captured;
- Provide support to other departments to maximise amounts invoiced to clients and to efficiently collect payments.
- Financial Information and Support:
- Provide financial information to support commercial activities within the business and other departments as required.
- Annual external accounts audit.
Payroll and Timekeeping:
- Manage the preparation of payrolls to ensure that they are prepared and paid in a timely and accurate manner;
- Manage the payment of tax, pension and other deductions and statutory payments to ensure they are paid in a timely and accurate manner within statutory deadlines;
- Manage the deduction and calculation of taxes, pension contributions and other statutory deductions and payments to ensure that they comply with contractual and statutory regulations;
- Manage the timekeeping function to ensure timely and accurate recording of labour hours worked;
- Manage the processing of payroll transactions within the ERP system including labour and man-hour allocations;
- Provide support to the HR Department for the communication of financially-related payroll issues to staff;
- Provide payroll information to other departments as required (within confidentiality limits defined by management);
- Manage payroll tax, pension and other payroll-related audits;
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the payroll function.
ERP System and Financial Procedures and Controls:
- Actively participate in the development and improvement of the ERP system;
- Actively participate in the development of financial reporting in the ERP system to meet company requirements;
- Support the Financial Controller to develop financial procedures and monitor compliance;
- Support the Financial Controller to develop and monitor financial controls to prevent and detect fraud and error both within and outside of the ERP system.
Work with the Financial Controller to:
- Ensure that staff are properly trained and supervised to meet the requirements of their positions;
- Assess performance on a regular basis to identify deficiencies, improve performance and develop staff;
- Lead, motivate and provide direction to staff.
- Pro-actively support a strong safety culture within the company.
- Treasury personnel, Finance Projects and Planning personnel, Commercial personnel, Supply Chain personnel, Vendors, Statutory bodies, External auditors.
- Qualified accountant
- Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience of leading a finance team
- Ability to process complex financial data and communicate in a clear, concise manner.
go to method of application »
- This purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines on how requests for Student Industrial Attachment would be treated by Nigerdock Nigeria Plc-PZE.
- There must be a request from signed by an approving authority of the candidate’s school requesting Nigerdock to provide an internship programme for the candidate within a certain period of time.
- The prospective Industrial Attachment candidate must be reside within the Lagos metropolis.
- The number of IT students within the organization must not be more than 10 at any given point of time.
- Any candidate coming in for Industrial Attachment purposes will not be housed in the Nigerdock accommodation permises.
- There shall be no extension of the programmed or offer of employment at the expiration of the IT tenure.
- Where a candidate is deemed fit to be offered an appointment at the expiration of his/her IT, an approval must be sought from the Managing Director through the HR department. Such a candidate must still go through the Nigerdock recruitment and assessment process.
- The Company will pay an allowance at the approved rate to the candidate at the end of every month served.
- IT candidates will be required to work Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm with one hour break period during the course of the working day.
- An IT candidate is not entitled to overtime and weekend/public holiday work or pay.
Method of Application
To apply, use the links below