Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons to fill the position below in a USAID funded OVC project; Local Partners for Orphans and Vulnerable Children Project in Region One:
- Provide transportation support to staff or project activities.
- Work closely at the Community level with Program Monitors.
- Handle vehicle fueling and maintenance, and ensure adherence to organization’s transport and security policies.
- Provide logistical support as requested by the project office (line manager).
- Level of Education SSCE, Diploma
- Certification of driver mechanic trade test and professional experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- At least 2 years of professional driving with valid Nigerian Driver’s license and with NGOs
- Good spoken and written skills in English language with at least one local language predominant in the state.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for direct management and coordination of all OVC project activities in the state, in line with the project proposal and implementation plan.
- Ensures that all project activities in the project state meet effective programming standards and best practices established by ARFH, USAID PEPFAR and the Nigerian Government especially the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Provide support to stakeholders at State, LGA and CBO levels to develop state specific work plans to address identified needs of OVC
- Carry out advocacy to integrate budget for OVC activities into state and LGA annual budget
- Strengthen technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and SMWASD in OVC programming, service provisions and governance.
- Coordinate state project activities to ensure successful implementation of family centered and community based approach
- Provide supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching for OVC desk officers, M & E officers, and LGA social welfare officers.
- Provide technical leadership for need assessments and design activities to ensure implementation of innovative approaches including mainstreaming of PMTCT into OVC activities.
- Represent the organization at meetings with government agencies, other implementing partners, service providers, LGA OVC Technical Working group and State OVC Steering Committee meetings etc
- Support community level committees on child protection activities.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in OVC programme, activities and reports
- Provide timely update on grant work plan progress.
- Participate in project review meetings, project monitoring, reporting and documentation.
- Carry out any other assignment by the Director of programs that will enhance quality implementation of the OVC project.
- A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences with at least 4 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in OVC programming, health, education and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria Public Sector, Health System, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is an added advantage, Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
- Ensures effective technical lead of OVC programming implementation activities of the projects in three states.
- Contributes to operations and technical reviews of OVC strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it reflects strategic plans at national level as well as donor priorities.
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supportive supervision to direct reports (staff) and partners on the project.
- Provide leadership in the development of annual work plans as well as state level monthly/quarterly implementation work plans for partners on the project.
- In collaboration with the leadership of partner organizations, identify key process weaknesses and capacity gaps with potential to hinder effective delivery of quality programmes. Incorporate remedial actions in technical assistance and capacity building plans.
- Oversee the quality implementation and support of ongoing OVC programming based on robust grant management, monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities, reports, security, procurement, HR and financial grant management protocols.
- Provide guidance to senior program staff to ensure that data on OVC is used effectively for advocacy and realignment of project implementations as necessary.
- Oversee donor and internal narrative reporting, ensuring that all reports are of high quality and meet the standards of ARFH and donor requirements.
- Ensure mentorship for program staff in order, to maintain a high standard of capacity for the implementation of quality OVC programming.
- Oversee performance evaluation process for all the projects staff.
- Work with Chief of Party to establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations on all programming aspects and to meet community needs.
- Establish and maintain relationship with the relevant coordination bodies and line ministries to promote advocacy priorities on the OVC project.
- Provide support to Chief of Party to represent the organization with governmental bodies, stakeholders and donors.
- Prepare relevant reports including quarterly, half yearly and end yearly reports, positive results achieved on the project and lessons learnt and ensures they are shared with stakeholders including the donor in a timely manner.
- Coordinate project review meetings, project monitoring and evaluation, reporting and documentation.
- Participate in development process of donor proposals log frames, narratives and budgets based on sector and ARFH's priorities.
- Carry out any other assignment by the Chief of party that will enhance quality implementation of the OVC project.
- Applicants must have a University Degree, preferably in Medicine with Master's Degree in Public Health or related field.
- Possession of a Ph.D will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience on donor funded HIV/AlDs (PMTCT/eMTCT; Nutrition), OVC, family centered and community based projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of national health programs, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point and NOMIS.
- Experience and good understanding of USAID principles and procedures will be added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com Candidate should indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Applicant are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer(EOE).
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale