Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client, a fully registered holding company with several subsidiaries is looking for a Bookstore Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Bookstore Manager will be responsible for the overall planning and organizing of the Bookstore operations to meet profitability objectives.
- Manages the operation of a store unit, including purchasing of supplies and books, special orders, receiving and shipping, and return of overstocked or defective merchandise.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Oversees and coordinates the payment of invoices and freight bills on blanket purchase orders, small purchase orders, and check requests.
- Prepares and administers the bookstore budget; recommends, implements, and administers operating policies and procedures.
- Works with faculty and vendors to acquire and assure availability of new/used texts and class supplies for students.
- Oversees maintenance of stock, displays, signs, and inventory; manages year-end inventory.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- May oversee or manage the operation of auxiliary services such as vending machines or student service areas.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Broad base of basic retailing knowledge and skills.
- Good administrative, supervisory and budget management skills.
- Good customer relation skills; ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of store clientele, outside vendors and organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 to 6 years of relevant retail experience, preferably in a University bookstore
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting or other appropriate discipline.
- Good general understanding of a University bookstore operations.
- Broad knowledge of retail sales operations and management, merchandising, computerized applications of Point-of-Sales
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Bradfield's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.