If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our organisation is at theforefront of grant making to NGOs, CSOs and CBAs working in the areas of community health and education. We are currently seeking to hire experienced and resourceful persons tofill the following positions:
The overall objective of the position is to anchor activities in the area of community health and related thematic areas.
- Prepare proposal analysis including written summaries and recommendations for review and action by the Programs Manager.
- Supervise assigned portfolio of grantees in the community health sector
- Develop reports to aggregate evaluation results and communicate the Foundation's impact in the community as may be required.
- Ensure that grant records are complete, accurate and current.
- Maintain stafistical information regarding grant-making activity of the Foundation.
- Monitor implementation of grant by requesting and reviewing written evaluations and by conducting site visits to a representative number of grant recipients
- Review letters of inquiry and full proposals to ensure that required information has been provided. And, conduct additional research into the relevant field of interest and/or non-profit organization.
- Respond to inquiries from non-profit organizations regarding the Foundations' grant-making guidelines and Requests for Proposals
- Develop and maintain contact with key stakeholders in the non-profit organizations society.
- Support initiatives developed/coordinated by Grantees and Communities.
- Degree in Medical Sciences, Nursing, or Publicf Community Health, Possession of post-graduate degree in Public Health would be an added advantage
- 8+ years' experience, at least 5 of which must be in a similar role in a reputable not-for-profit organisation,
- Grant-making experience would be strongly preferred,
- Ability to conduct baseline studies without supervision and conversant with modern techniques for monitoring and evaluation,
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- High level of professionalism, courage, accountability, and personal integrity,
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Strong critical thinking skills and capable of anticipating organizational needs,
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including MS Projects,
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, with responsibility for mission impacting activities of the organization, he/she will be responsible for:
- Programme Management: Manages programmes design and delivery in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Grants Management: Provides strategic direction and support for grants making in areas identified as priorities for the organisation.
- Grantees Training and Capacity Building: Manages network of grantees and other partners to share learning and knowledge, as well as build capacity.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting: Ensures projects are properly monitored and evaluated, agreeing process with grantees and where appropriate liaising with the Chief Executive Officer to undertake independent evaluations.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Education, Health or Humanities.
- Possession of a post graduate qualification in Public Health will be an advantage
- At least 15 years extensive experience of working in a highly structured organisation with track record of successfully building relationships, working with and managing programmes, 5 of which must be in the not-for-profit sector.
- Certification in Programme Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, as well as Research, Planning and Development is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including MS Projects
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply within two (2) weeks, providing full career and compensation details along with personal contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org