If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
Our range of services are designed to ensure optimum levels of convenience and customer satisfaction. These services include our lowest price guarantee, free return policy*, order delivery-tracking, dedicated customer service support and many other premium services.
Konga.com goes beyond just making a name for itself as the foremost e-commerce platform in Nigeria. Konga chooses to empower Nigerians to sell their products to a wider audience. We give the local merchant nationwide reach and shipping services. Konga believes in a Nigeria where every small or large business owner is given an opportunity to succeed.
Konga is helping to provide that opportunity with the Konga Marketplace.
The role is responsible for managing products category and suppliers of various products. The category manager will be responsible for a large portfolio of different retail brands and developing appropriate strategies for each brands and products
Head, Fashion / Head General Merchandising
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor inventory of all supplies
- Responsible for maintaining a productive relationship with vendors / suppliers
- Collaborate with suppliers and resolve issues in invoices
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms and margins with all suppliers
- Negotiate payments days with al suppliers
- Source for outright and consignment suppliers
- Source new international and local suppliers daily
- Responsible for executing open to buy as per Merchandise Planners suggestions
- Analyse business and open to buy with Merchandise planners
- Always be aware of best sellers and make sure they are replenished
- Work with marketing on promotional programs
- Responsible for sales and order targets weekly and monthly
- Ensure the associate buyers are merchandising the site with the best products
- Ensure the category tree in updated and new sub – categories added
- Responsible for online and offline category sales, marketing and promotion
- Responsible for reducing stock out
- Responsible for Profit Cost 1, Profit Cost 2 and overall margin performance
Skills & Competencies
- Efficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Good presentation skills
- Must be analytical
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and Written)
- Ability to multi-task
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any reputable University.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in the field of business, relationship management, sales and marketing
- MBA / Post graduate will be an advantage especially in the field of merchandising or retail management.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Konga's Career Page