If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is a professional printing organization based in Lagos with equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled in sub-Saharan Africa. As a result of expansion and restructuring, the position of a Personal Assistant has become vacant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Personal Assistant will report to the Group Head and will help manage her time by being responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing; the services provided by the organization are in an effective and efficient manner.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Acting as the first contact on behalf of the group head.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Taking dictation and minutes;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
In addition to supporting the group head, the team and departments, additional duties may also include:
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Taking on some of the manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Deputising for the manager, making decisions and delegating work to others in the manager's absence on her approval;
- Being involved in decision-making processes as authorized.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Listening and Communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer/IT skills
- Confidentiality skills
- Prioriterizing skills priority
- Flexibility/adaptability skills
- Self-motivated & efficient
- Calm under pressure & ability to think on the feet.
- Must be a graduate with background in social sciences.
- Must have 3 - 4 year cognate experience in similar function.
- Monday – Friday; 8: 00 am – 6: 00 pm
- Saturday: Half day ( two (2) Saturdays in a month)
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘GH-PA’ as subject of mail. Experienced candidates will be invited for an interview. Applications close 15th October, 2015.