United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
VN No.: VN-NGR-61-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 3 months
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The consultancy will assist the Education section in reviewing the UNICEF supported Child Friendly School (CFS) programme to determine the extent to which its objectives were accomplished drawing on the 2009 global CFS evaluation recommendations.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Support Identification and review of related country studies and collect relevant information/data
- Ensure the formation of a task force group by government in consultation with UNICEF comprising of federal and/or state officials with desirable technical capacity to support the review process and formulation of recommendation.
- Identify sample schools jointly in consultation with federal and state ministries of education and the task force.
- Contribute to and support the design, development and finalisation of detailed methodologies and tools (including possible discussion with focus groups and interviews with possible necessity for translation)
- In liaison with UNICEF coordinate with the stakeholder taskforce at Federal and state level to ensure necessary discussion and suggestion of possible programmatic recommendations.
- Support the international consultant with key contacts, set up meetings, field visits and writing minutes of the meetings.
- Organise and participate in the field research process
- Organise the data compilation process
- Contribute to drafting parts of the report in liaison with the international consultant.
- Prepare report of the review process - consolidating federal and state level consultation and working group meeting reports
- Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences and or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in research/review design and data processing and analysing, preferably familiarity of school context, children and women indicators.
- More than 8 years’ progressive professional experience in the area of development research with the Nigerian Education system.
- Experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative project evaluations in development environments. Vast experience in human rights based approaches arid result based management would be an added advantage.
- Expertise in evaluating primary school education programs in Nigeria should be a requirement or distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English language is essential. Strong understanding of the
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and writing skills.
- Experience in leading/working with a technical team in similar assignments and capturing their suggested recommendations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.