Ongoing Recruitment at Jagal
Posted on: 21 September, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil&Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Trade Test Certification. 1&2 labour & productivity or Engineering background.
- Good safety practices i.e. Understanding of HSE.
- Conversant with abbreviations, signs & codes.
- Ability to identify fittings & materials.
- Ability to understand and interpret simple and complex structural fabrication drawing.
- Ability to use all fabrication /Fitting equipment and instrument
- Must understand tools and equipment management.
- Awareness of safety rules and standard of the industry.
- 2-4 years minimum working experience in the fabrication field.
- Must have worked on a structural fitting project.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
go to method of application »
- To ensure all statutory and management accounting financial affairs of the Company are dealt with in accordance with the Law and the requirements of the Jagal Group and Nigerdock specific needs.
- To ensure that the treasury of Nigerdock operates efficiently and effectively at all times and to the financial benefit of the Company
- To ensure that the MD, Chairman and other necessary ND and Group personnel are provided with timely and accurate information about the financial status of Nigerdock.
- To proactively provide advice to the MD and his management team and to the Chairman about the financial management of the Company.
- To actively participate in the general management of the business by way of management accounting to enable ND to deliver effective projects and grow in accordance with the Company Business Plan.
- To provide oversight management and corporate leadership to departmental managers of:
Supply Chain function
- IT and Information Management function
Prime responsibilities and duties
- To participate fully in the general management of the Company
- To actively support a culture that places safety and the environment as top priority at all levels in the Company
- To provide leadership and direction to the Finance function and team
- To provide leadership for the IT Information Management and Supply Chain functions
- To advise on the introduction, updating and renewal of financial systems and to oversee the implementation of agreed investment in systems
- To actively develop the Company’s ERP systems to ensure that :
- Appropriate financial records are kept
- All statutory accounts are submitted correctly on time
- Meaningful management accounts are prepared in a timely manner
- The accounts are appropriately audited
- To appropriately monitor financial processes and take action as necessary to avoid any fraudulent dealings
- To manage the Company’s cash flow with due reference to the MD
- To maintain a good relationship with the Company’s bankers
- To take prompt action to seek payment from the Company’s debtors
- To participate fully in bidding for projects and new work including:
- Ensuring that accurate cost information is available
- Ensuring that financial risks are identified and mitigation strategies developed
- To agree optimum manning levels and structures within the Finance function and to implement the agreed plans including recruitment, staff development and succession planning
- To actively recruit, mentor and develop local employees to grow Nigerian staff capability and future leadership potential.
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Professionally qualified Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior finance management role
- Preferable – substantial experience of working in or dealing with business in Africa
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Good delegation skills
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritising
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly IT literate with strong experience in ERP systems
- Good team player
- High degree of resilience
- Willing to commit to 5 years in Nigeria
go to method of application »
- Holding Heavy equipment driver licences and qualify to operate Forklift in various capacities from 3 Ton to 10 Ton
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Loading and unloading of materials and movement of the same.
- Talent to operate all brands of Forklifts , e.g. TCM, Caterpillar, Komatsu, etc.
- Performs the functions of driving for Forklift.
- Understands and follows all safety traffic rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job.
- Use the Forklift for the functions which had been prepared and determined by the direct superior.
- Certification in operating Forklift is a mandatory
- At least two years of field experience with the Forklift
Method of Application
To apply for these positions, visit Jagal Group's website on HRSmart
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Drivers at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Drivers at Alphaden Energy and Oilfield Limited
- Commercial Project Controller at RusselSmith Group
- Business Development/Sales Roles at MacTay Consulting
- Accountant at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Account Officers at Human Edge Limited
- Job Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited