Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil&Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Trade Test Certification. 1&2 labour & productivity or Engineering background.
- Good safety practices i.e. Understanding of HSE.
- Conversant with abbreviations, signs & codes.
- Ability to identify fittings & materials.
- Ability to understand and interpret simple and complex structural fabrication drawing.
- Ability to use all fabrication /Fitting equipment and instrument
- Must understand tools and equipment management.
- Awareness of safety rules and standard of the industry.
- 2-4 years minimum working experience in the fabrication field.
- Must have worked on a structural fitting project.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
go to method of application »
- To ensure all statutory and management accounting financial affairs of the Company are dealt with in accordance with the Law and the requirements of the Jagal Group and Nigerdock specific needs.
- To ensure that the treasury of Nigerdock operates efficiently and effectively at all times and to the financial benefit of the Company
- To ensure that the MD, Chairman and other necessary ND and Group personnel are provided with timely and accurate information about the financial status of Nigerdock.
- To proactively provide advice to the MD and his management team and to the Chairman about the financial management of the Company.
- To actively participate in the general management of the business by way of management accounting to enable ND to deliver effective projects and grow in accordance with the Company Business Plan.
- To provide oversight management and corporate leadership to departmental managers of:
Supply Chain function
- IT and Information Management function
Prime responsibilities and duties
- To participate fully in the general management of the Company
- To actively support a culture that places safety and the environment as top priority at all levels in the Company
- To provide leadership and direction to the Finance function and team
- To provide leadership for the IT Information Management and Supply Chain functions
- To advise on the introduction, updating and renewal of financial systems and to oversee the implementation of agreed investment in systems
- To actively develop the Company’s ERP systems to ensure that :
- Appropriate financial records are kept
- All statutory accounts are submitted correctly on time
- Meaningful management accounts are prepared in a timely manner
- The accounts are appropriately audited
- To appropriately monitor financial processes and take action as necessary to avoid any fraudulent dealings
- To manage the Company’s cash flow with due reference to the MD
- To maintain a good relationship with the Company’s bankers
- To take prompt action to seek payment from the Company’s debtors
- To participate fully in bidding for projects and new work including:
- Ensuring that accurate cost information is available
- Ensuring that financial risks are identified and mitigation strategies developed
- To agree optimum manning levels and structures within the Finance function and to implement the agreed plans including recruitment, staff development and succession planning
- To actively recruit, mentor and develop local employees to grow Nigerian staff capability and future leadership potential.
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Professionally qualified Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior finance management role
- Preferable – substantial experience of working in or dealing with business in Africa
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Good delegation skills
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritising
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly IT literate with strong experience in ERP systems
- Good team player
- High degree of resilience
- Willing to commit to 5 years in Nigeria
go to method of application »
- Holding Heavy equipment driver licences and qualify to operate Forklift in various capacities from 3 Ton to 10 Ton
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Loading and unloading of materials and movement of the same.
- Talent to operate all brands of Forklifts , e.g. TCM, Caterpillar, Komatsu, etc.
- Performs the functions of driving for Forklift.
- Understands and follows all safety traffic rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job.
- Use the Forklift for the functions which had been prepared and determined by the direct superior.
- Certification in operating Forklift is a mandatory
- At least two years of field experience with the Forklift
Method of Application
To apply for these positions, visit Jagal Group's website on HRSmart
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.