Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Subsidiary Controller - Nigeria
This position is responsible for the Finance and Admin functions of Nigeria. The position is responsible for financial integrity of the subsidiary, compliance with statutory law and regulations as well as internal policies, controls, planning, forecasting and reporting requirements. Further, this position supports the management by providing value add analysis and being actively involved in decision making process around topics such as revenue, headcount, marketing and other resources deployments etc.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Business Partnering: Be an effective partner of the Country Manager and the subsidiary Leadership Team, providing insightful analysis and finance perspective to the decision making process in the subsidiary with focus on the long term financial objectives.
- Planning & Operational Excellence: Deliver timely and accurate information to the CM & WCA leadership team. Provide meaningful analysis for Revenue and P&L in both forward looking as well as in actual results. Operational excellence and execution of monthly forecast, Mid Year Review and Planning, providing solid financial services (e.g. AR, AP, Tax etc).
- Accounting and reporting: Ensure financial statements are presented accurately, timely and in line with corporate policies and statutory requirements.
- Internal Controls & Compliance: Ensure internal controls are in place and in compliance with corporate policies, procedures and statutory requirements. Improve education and awareness within the subsidiary.
- Cost Efficacy: Lead the cost efficacy efforts in the subsidiary, by improving processes, increasing efficiency, identifying opportunities to do more with less, leveraging technology and making cost efficacy a company wide effort. Manage procurement and RE&F activities.
- People Development: Effectively lead employees by providing the necessary training, development opportunities and ensuring we have the right resources in place.
This position has frequent interaction with the Country Manager, subsidiary controller, HR and MEA HQ.
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum four years of demonstrated work experience in finance and business management
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written), establish trust quickly, and create win-win situations.
- MBA (Added advantage)
- Experience in working in multiple organizations with emphasis on communicating and decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Experience with business processes and systems should include systems development, planning, forecasting, order processing, invoicing, credit, collection and sales credit tracking.
- Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of internal controls and compliance.
- Strong understanding and experience in multinational financial operations with good understanding of US GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated ability to drive the effective implementation of procedures and policies to support operational business requirements across regional and organizational boundaries.
- Team player with ability to manage cross group and cross country boundaries.
- Highly developed analytical and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
Core Competencies Proficiency Level
- Strategic Thinking 3
- Action Oriented 3
- Conviction and Courage 3
- Decision Making 3/4
- Drive for Results 3
- Managing Systems and Processes 3/4
- Communication Skills 3/4
- Interpersonal Skills 3
- Dealing with Ambiguity 3
- Customer focus 2/3
- Integrity and Trustworthiness http://medweb/competencies/Integrity%20and%20Trustworthiness.asp> 4
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.