AOCOED, which is one the oldest Teacher Training Colleges in Nigeria, is repositioning itself to serve as the nucleus of functional and development based Teacher Education Delivery in the West African sub region. The College is of very firm belief that if the Country gets it right in Education, it cannot miss it in other sectors. That, if as a Country we get it right in Education, it should not be difficult to find sustainable solutions to the challenges of religious extremism, infrastructural decay, misplacement of values, unemployment, unbridled criminality, etc. threatening the soul of our nation.
In line with its mandate, AOCOED runs various full time and part time programmes leading to the award of NCE at its main campus at Otto/Ijanikin. Similar NCE programmes at the outreach centres of the College are being phased out on the directive of NCCE, the body charged by law to regulate the conduct of Teacher Education in the Country.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, Chair, an of the Academic Board and a member of the Governing Council of the College.
- It is his/her duty to maintain a high tone of discipline in the College and provide enlightened, democratic and dynamic academic and administrative leadership.
The criteria to be met by candidates for the post are as follows:
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Degree in any of the subjects offered in the College.
- Fellowship/Membership of reputable professional bodies and academic or professional distinctions will be an advantage.
- A Post graduate Diploma or other qualifications in Education
- Must have attained at least the rank of a Professor, Reader/Chief Lecturer or an equivalent states in an institution of Higher Learning
- A considerable cognate experience of not less than fifteen (15) years, at least five (5) of which must have been acquired in an institution of higher learning e.g. as Head of Department, Dean of Faculty/School ete;
- Demonstrable evidence of proficiency in ICT.
go to method of application »
- The Bursar is the Chief Finance Officer of the College and he/she is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day financial affairs of the College.
- The Bursar shall also plan, organize and coordinate the operations of th Bursary Department in consultation with the Provost and ensure that all accounts of the College are adequately kept and expenditure undertaken with the approval of the Provost.
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant must possess a good honors Degree in Accountancy or Finance not below Second Class lower division from a recognized institution of higher learning plus ICAN/ANAN or other equivalent professional Accountancy qualification with at least 15 years cognate experience.
- He/she must be a registered Chartered Accountant with a recognized professional Accountancy body.
- The possession of a Master's Degree will be an added advantage.
- Applicant for the post of Bursar must be holding a post not lower than a Deputy Bursar or Chief Accountant in his/her present employment and must not be more than 55years of age.
- The College is looking for a competent industrious and highly trained tertiary institution Bursar who can fit into a fast paced, competitive and efficiency driven management team.
Conditions and Terms of Appointment
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the College.
- The successful candidate shall be placed on CONTEDISS 15.
- He/she shall hold office for an initial tenured term of five(5) years.
- Other relevant benefits and allowances are as spelt out in the College Conditions of Service as approved by the Governing Council and the State Government.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their applications, curriculum vitae and credentials. Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked "BURSAR" at the bottom left hand corner and should be addressed to:
Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education,
Candidates are to submit along with their applications a detailed Vision/Mission Plan with implementation strategies for accelerated administrative, capacity building, and infrastructural development of the College.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.