Our Client, a leading operator in the cement manufacturing sector of the economy requires competent, self motivated and experienced personnel for immediate engagement.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reports to the Maintenance Manager
* To design, install, maintain and repair process instruments to ensure reliability of data and allow process control optimisation.
* Ensure that the equipment is well maintained at optimum cost.
* Ensure completion and quality of the execution of maintenance jobs.
* Responsible for the maintenance and well being of the relevant equipment
* Record some possible anomalies observed on the equipment during maintenance or inspection.
* Contribute to the design, selection, installation, configuration and testing/calibration of the following instruments: process sensors, gas analysers, dust measurement, dosing system and cameras.
* Carry out adjustment on the control loop and participate to optimization.
* Monitor the time requirements for each job and the optimal manpower and skills necessary for executing jobs. .
* Supervise the trial of equipment after maintenance.
* Ensure that proper safety measures are being adhered to at all times by all personnel.
* In collaboration with the planner, ensure the availability of Automationllnstrumentation spare parts.
* Supervise the work of contractors where applicable.
* Responsible for scheduled inspection and calibration of all Instruments and tools and ensuring that these are in optimal condition of safe use.
* Monitor job duration, cost and performance of crew.
* Recommend improvements for optimal plant performance and cost reductions.
* Respond to emergency repair needs.
* Work with the Electrical/Instrument/System planning in the development of job planning.
* Specify work procedures if required.
* Ensure safe storage and disposal of replaced Instruments.
* Participate in the Maintenance Supervisor On-Call Program.
* Must possess the following Technical Capabilities
* Good knowledge of PLCs
* Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems (hardware and software)
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and motor circuits
* Knowledge in electricity and electronics
* Technical knowledge of Process Instruments and Control systems
* Knowledge of cement manufacturing process is desirable.
* Energetic with good aptitude for field work
* Energetic and flare to work unexpected long hours.
* Must be able to lead a small group of 10 Staff.
* Coordinate about three activities simultaneously.
* Good estimation of activity duration and execution
* Application of safety regulations to all maintenance
* Candidate must possess a degree (B.Sc or HND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
* Must have deep computer skills
* Age between 30 - 45 years.
* Proactive, Self motivated, Disciplined, Assertive, Analytical, very Energetic with good team leadership skills (must be a team player).
* High level of drive, result oriented with good communication skills.
* A Minimum of 3 - 5 years hands-on cognate experience in a process industry.
* An Electrical/Instrumentation Engineer or Inspector/Plannerwith at least 2 years of experience in Methods Engineering or Electrical/Systems function is desirable.
* Vocational training + 3 years experience in Electricalllnstruments Maintenance in a Modern Automated Industrial Environment.
A detailed Curricuium vitae and letter of application with photocopies of Credentials to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
DAVIS OFFIONG CONSULTANTS,
2, EYO ETA STREET,
P.O. BOX 2641,
(COPIES OF APPLICATION COULD BE SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org) to be received within two weeks of this publication. Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.