AT Hochberg Consulting is a firm of proficient consultants with offerings in Business Advisory Services and Human Capital Development.
We pride ourselves on being our ability to craft solutions that will improve the client’s value creation capabilities. We are customer focused and value based. AT Hochberg Consulting comprises an experienced team that has supported organisations to achieve significant improvements and organisational success.
Our approach is to access each organisation’s needs and through a collaborative approach we work with the client to develop practical strategy and solutions. So, whether the next step for your organisation is incremental improvements or radical innovation, our approach and programmes are designed to:
• Deliver, practical strategy that will impact business results in terms of sales growth, cash flow and profitability
• Strengthen and increase the engagement of the entire organisation, as a dynamic and cohesive team
• Embed a continual improvement culture for long term sustainable results.
Our client is a major supplier of construction chemicals, concrete accessories and comprehensive waterproofing systems. We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join their expanding team in Lagos
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The General Manager will be primarily responsible for planning, developing, and directing all commercial activities through defining the strategic objectives and cascading these to the business plans and ensuring flawless execution to provide maximum profit and return on the invested capital. He will be expected to represent the local market strategies and points of view to management to enrich the company’s strategies and plans.
As an experienced engineering business executive, the incumbent will also embody the local market perspective and actively participate in helping to shape the strategic direction of the projects under direct control, with full profit & loss responsibility.
Business Strategy / Financial Management:
• Manage P&L and balance sheet performance. Drive overall profitability and build sources of growth and value creation in line with pre-set targets in the organisation
• Develop and operationalize strategies, long-range plans, annual operating plans, annual budgets, while measuring progress on an ongoing basis.
• Undertake project management activities and supervise the teams.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for the development of the project.
• Take active part in Business Development and Selling efforts; build new customer relationships.
• Plan and manage the operation’s team development and resource allocation.
Operational Excellence/ Team Management:
• Be responsible to secure effective management of the projects.
• Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a team of dynamic and innovative professionals.
• Attract and develop talent pool and organization efficiency.
• Promote a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation.
• Create strong team spirit.
• Protect and promote corporate reputation.
• Ensure business processes, tools, and internal controls to support operations.
• Run training programs for all functions.
• Be responsible for capital investment planning and control and implement business excellence.
• Ensure regular communication of business performance against objectives.
• Develop strong relationships and communication links with key stakeholders such as employee representatives, local community leaders, sector opinion leaders.
• Assume responsibility for ensuring business compliance with company corporate initiatives and guidelines, including environmental, health and safety and accounting procedures.
• Strategic Management skills (Planning, Financial, Analysis, Business development) are required
• Strong team-building and managerial skills
• Good computer skills
• International mindset. Having basic understanding in international agreements and business partnership principles
• Business-oriented mindset. Strong judgment and strategic thinking. Mental agility with ability to focus on key issues quickly and incisively
• Ability in project management and in developing project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects in time and budget, manage project team activities
• B.Sc. Civil Engineering/ Construction Management or related field
• Over 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
• Experience managing multiple projects
• Experience of working in Housing Complex Development
A renowned construction services provider requires the services of a project coordinator.
1. Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
2. Assist the PM in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules
3. Prepare project organization and communication charts
4. Chair site meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members
5. Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
6. Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
7. Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
8. Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
9. Review field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project
10. Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc.
11. Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval
12. Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database
13. Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained
Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
14. Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
1. BSc./ HND in Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of development projects
3. Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products
4. Knowledge of the building development/redevelopment industry
5. Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes
6. Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
7. Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
8. Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
9. Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
10. Must be able to drive
11. Must be a resident in Lagos, preferably the mainland axis
12. Must be able to manage and coordinate tasks, with little supervision
13. Must be highly networked in the industry.
You will be required to have a heart for sales and business development.
A renowned construction services provider urgently needs the services of a technical sales consultant.
1. Gathering sales leads in new and current site batching market
2. Establish and maintain high relationships with customers.
3. Marketing site batching solution to new potential customers
4. Sales of company products from the identification of the project, to the finalization of the order.
5. Propose technical solutions using company's products
6. Propose new products developments and suggest improvements whenever the opportunity arises
7. Establish friendly and professional relationships with their clients, ensure always a prompt and reliable service in your area of responsibility
8. Identify projects offering sales potential for their products and update the project list on a monthly basis
9. Conduct sales presentations to consultants and contractors involved in those projects, collect information about their client needs
1. BSc/HND Engineering
2. Minimum of Five Years Experience in a civil/structural engineering, architecture, quantity surveyor or building background.
3. 30 years and above
4. Must be able to drive
5. Must have marketing experience in construction materials
6. Must be highly networked in the industry.
7. Must be a Lagos State resident, preferably on the mainland axis.
8. Must be a team player, and a go-getter
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should kindly send CVs to email@example.com on or before 29th August 2015.