An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The Verification Manager is responsible for managing the process of identifying and investigating inconsistencies in operation or project management areas, reviewing the financial and budgeting components of the program, ensuring compliance with International Development policies and regulations, verifying the information and assisting in raising overall performance and integrity at the organization. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Verification Manager reports to the Country’s Program Director.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain a thorough technical understanding of current operational systems / processes and policy requirements within the project.
- Identify, recommend and, as appropriate, oversee the implementation of continuous efficiency improvements to policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with International Development policies and regulations.
- Constantly challenge ways of working and seek continuous improvements.
- Review overall budgeting and financial information of the project including cash flow administration, time sheet recording, and management of in-country expenses.
- Track and review financial information of project activities and maintain spreadsheets with current project expense data for verification purposes. Provide Country’s Program Director with updated monthly reports.
- Review invoices and ensure they are done in accordance with internal procedures and International Development contract terms.
- Review the procurement activities of the project to ensure consistency with the policies and regulations of the International Development contract terms.
- Provide verification management and systems training for project staff.
- Facilitate continuous improvements through providing support to the project or grantees involved in project activities.
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls to ensure high level of quality assurance compliance.
- Ensure that all compliance files are maintained, organized, and accessible.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- University degree in quality management, quality assurance science, auditing, finances, business administration or other related field is required.
- Five to seven years work experience in a related field is required.
- Three to five years’ experience in finance and handling financial transactions in desired.
- A broad understanding of issues related to international development is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Management experience is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is higly preferred.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents before 7th August, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale