Vacancy for KNCV Country Representative Nigeria
Posted on: 15 March, 2012
Deadline: 23 March, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Post title: KNCV Country Representative Nigeria
Type of contract: International (Non Family Posting)
Duty station: Abuja, Nigeria
Purpose of the post
The holder of this position will be responsible for managing the KNCV Country Office in Abuja providing overall managerial oversight for the implementation of KNCV projects of which the USAID funded TBCARE I project, for which KNCV is the lead partner, is the largest. The CR coordinates and works closely together with international technical partners in the Tuberculosis Coalition for Technical Assistance (TBCTA) implementing TBCARE in Nigeria, other local technical partners, with the National i6 and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) as beneficiary and the USAID country mission and other donor representations.
1 Represents KNCV in Nigeria as responsible manager for the KNCV Country Office
2. Is the official spokesperson for TBCARE I project in Nigeria and maintains communication between all relevant stakeholders including the TBCARE I partners, NTBLNP and other implementing partners, KNCV and USAID country mission.
3. Provide strategic leadership and bears primary responsibility for all administrative requirements to fulfill the project performance objectives. S/he is the leader 01 the KNCV's TBCARE I project management team based at the KNCV's office in Abuja.
4. Liaise with other USG and non USG organizations implementing T8 and TB/HIV activities to ensure coordination of this project with activities undertaken by such other partners.
5 Ensure tile coordination of logistical support in the implementation of T8 CARE project activities and the timely submission of reports to KNCV, the USAID mission and partners.
6. Monitor Implementation of TBCARE I project activities at all levels ensuring such activities are adequately implemented and ensure timely collection and reporting of required data.
Profile of expected competencies
1. An advanced degree in a health related field with qualifications in public health, or a related discipline, is required.
2. Exceptional managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing complex activities of similar magnitude and complexity involving coordination with multiple partners.
Experience with managing a donor funded project, especially a USAID funded project, will be an added advantage.
3. At least five years of experience working with public health programmes in a developing country. Experience in the functioning of the public health sector and understanding of key TB control, and TB/H IV issues is desirable.
4. Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications. including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
6. Ability and availability to travel within Nigeria and internationally as needed.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap. Or status as a disabled.
Method of Application
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, CV and names of three (3) references to KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, email email@example.com : under subject "KNCV Country Representative Nigeria” before 23rd March 2012. For further, information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please also see www.tbcarel.com and www.tbcta.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International