Maersk Agency U.S.A., Inc., Maersk Inc., Maersk Line, Limited and Damco USA Inc. are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Please review the full Equal Employment Opportunity Statement attached for each of Maersk Agency U.S.A., Inc., Maersk Inc., Maersk Line, Limited, Damco USA Inc, Maersk Drilling and Maersk Oil.
• To define, communicate and execute the DAMCO ocean freight strategy in the Area/Countries in support of Global and Regional objectives.
• Focus on product development in sync with commercial strategies and ensure effective implementation of new business whilst sustaining the baselines.
• Accountable for developing & establishing relationships with vendors, carrier associates, port authorities at the Area level to support DAMCO’s commercial & operational requirements.
• Drive improvements in margin management practices to support countries in achieving targets whilst managing trade lane economies.
• Responsible for Ocean Volume growth & CM1 (profitability) as defined in the regional Strategy.
• Responsible for complying Global / Regional carrier MQC & allocations within the Area(s).
• Effectively manage procurement behavior and ensure balance of core carrier portfolio.
• Drive & support business development with close coordination with all commercial channels.
• Develop tender specific strategies in support of commercial efforts. Execute supporting activities incArluding procurement and special items as needed.
• Ensure that appropriate ocean commercial and financial KPI’s are employed across the business to provide timely and effective reporting to support day-to-day management of the business.
• Take an active role pricing/procurement strategy and guidelines for mid & long terms opportunities.
• Drive projects in support of improving margin and efficiency of the Product across the Area(s).
• Support countries/branches in specific ocean product needs including commercial discussions as & when required.
• Provide leadership and management to the ocean procurement teams (LCMs), driving strategy execution and product management whilst ensuring high employee morale and motivation.
• Drive continuous cost optimization & re-procurement exercise to improve the yield.
• Focus efforts on tasks that will ultimately result in improvements to performance in the key priority areas of: Profitability, Growth and Operational Excellence
• Ensure all global and regional ocean policies, procedures & guidelines are effectively implemented and adhered to in daily operations.
• Support relevant reporting requirements time to time.
• Keep an “Eye” on the market and provide effective intelligence to the larger organization.
• Ownership on local FAK & NAC deals, other than those covered by Regional / Global level, and maintaining them central repository.
Who we are looking for
• At least 10-12 years of industry experience (NVOCC, Freight forwarding, Ocean forwarding)
• Minimum 5-7 years of functional management experience.
• Ability to work and thrive in a flexible matrix organisation with focus on networking and collaboration.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player with proven ability to work under pressure
• Effective change agent with the ability to adjust change approach based on circumstances.
• Passion for service delivery and cost effectiveness – and for identifying how to constantly improve.
• Prior understanding and experience in the Africa environment is preferable.
• Ability to balance product priorities with commercial imperatives.
• Adaptability to changes in the work environment – managing competing demands and has ability to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
• Strong drive, initiative and engagement – ability to work self-directed and well organised.
• Ability to take a Global view.
• Excellent English communication skills, verba
Who we are looking for
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.