Arc – Skills for Work is a 100% owned subsidiary of GEMS Education, one of the largest education companies in the world. GEMS Education are educators first, driven by a single purpose to put a quality education within the reach of every student. From a single school founded by teachers 55 years ago, they now operate in 19 countries and are driven by the passion of over 14,000 educators. Through their 70 schools, consultancy practice and charitable foundation, and now Arc – Skills for Work, they are driven by a single uncompromising purpose – to make a quality education available to everyone.
The Managing Director (MD) is in charge of all its activities and business. The MD is accountable to the country Board of Directors and CEO of Arc Skills Africa for the effective and efficient operation of the company. The MD has the duty to act in what he / she believes is the best interest of the company and its shareholders and the fulfilment of its responsibilities. Under the direction of the board / CEO, ensure the delivery of short, medium and long term objectives of the group’s commercial and operational objectives notably to deliver the Arc Skills Country business plan. In addition, to act as the Company's lead representative and figurehead, heading the region liaising with the highest levels of Government and Enterprise, thereby ensuring that the company maintains and extends its position as a pre-eminent provider and thought leader in the field of Skills Development. To role model the values and behaviours of an Arc leader.
- Provide leadership in order to direct the formulation and implementation of business plans to deliver continued and sustainable growth and the achievement of the groups commercial objectives.
- Develop strategies and programs to achieve the growth of Arc Skills business in the country. In line with the shareholders vision and the group objectives.
- To ensure successful delivery of orders and exceed client expectations.
- Review and develop on an ongoing basis, objectives on all short-term and long-term strategies and their implementation in all key areas of the company's businesses.
- Facilitate appropriate policies and procedures to assure a high level of conduct and integrity of the company management and employees as defined in the Arc Skills core values.
- Drive extraordinary growth of the organization, increasing market value of Arc Skills.
- Play an influential role in the collaboration of Arc Skills with partners globally to ensure that the company develops new business in various capacities.
- Facilitate the identification of or provide leads to potential business opportunities or partnerships to be used to leverage Arc Skills long term business interests.
- Ensure that there is clarity of objectives and focus for Management and employees.
- Review the performance of senior leadership team and ensure that there are clear and appropriate standards of performance and measurement of those standards.
- Ensure effective line management to produce accurate management information which enables the group to make commercially and operationally informed decisions on future growth and operations.
- Take timely actions with respect to, and make all appropriate decisions required by the company's operations in accordance with all applicable legal, regulatory or other requirements and within the framework of the company policies in effect, with a view towards enhancing shareholder value.
- Advise the Board about operational or organizational challenges, and put in place appropriate operational or organizational plans.
- Conduct a comprehensive annual budgeting process under the guidance of the Board and monitor closely the company's financial and operational performance in conjunction with the annual business plan approved by the Board including reporting and audit.
- Plan and manage the company's revenues and expenditures.
- Ensure that all investment projects undertaken meet the ROI benchmarks, are viable and sustainable within the overall strategy and objectives of Arc Skills region, are in alignment with contractual obligations of all existing shareholders and are in the commercial interest of the group.
- Meet and negotiate with investors to secure deals as required.
- Ensure effective, fair and transparent communication on all Arc Skills region company matters with shareholders, analysts, key shareholders, employees, governments and the public in general.
- Ensure that all projects approved for execution meet the criteria set for internal risk and protect the long term continuity of business through risk mitigation strategies whilst also remaining compliant with the legislation of the territories of the country.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisor.
- Ensure high levels of customer and employee satisfaction.
- Identify, acquire, groom and maintain a high quality workforce.