Career at Save the Children International
Posted on: 3 July, 2015
Deadline: 16 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: #1063701
- The incumbent will contribute to Save the Children's efforts to influence and bring about change in the awareness, attitudes, behaviors and policies related to the rights of children in the country program in the state of posting.
- The post holder will possess a high Degree of analytical skill, political acumen, ability to facilitate change, ability to influence, and ability to communicate key advocacy messages effectively and convincingly to a diverse audience at local, national and international levels.
- University Degree in Health, Nutrition, Communications or related Social Science field.
- Substantial experience in advocacy and policy development / research in the development context.
- Good understanding of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policy makers, politicians, donors, and other key actors.
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy.
- Good understanding of strategies for achieving sustainable child Health and Nutrition policies through participatory processes, and the links with gender, diversity and other aspects of identity.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, national and international levels.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partner agencies and key contacts in the government, NGO, civil society and media sectors.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel extensively in the country.
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email / internet) and ability to be self-supporting in most administrative tasks.
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal).
- Commitment to the values, mission, aims and policies of Save the Children.
- Experience in training others in advocacy techniques and influencing tactics.
- Prior work experience in advocacy in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the policies, functions, structures and decision-making processes of key national institutions with regard to child Nutrition.
- Experience working with children on Health and Nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Local language skills (Ability to communicate in Hausa will be an advantage).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their C.V's and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.AdvocacyVacancy@savethechildren.org explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the closing date above will not be considered.
Note: Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Regional Partnership Advisor, Anglophone Africa at FHI 360
- Job Vacancies at Chemonics International
- Nigeria Program Associate at One Acre Fund
- Deputy Safety Advisor at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Fresh Jobs at Oxfam
- Job Openings at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Jobs at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Opportunities at Tetra Tech