MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Coordinating the efforts, inputs and outputs from many internal company departments, to ensure that the design and plan are carried out appropriately.
• Interface with Marketing, business development groups for new services and capacity planning
• The role might require a switch between the intelligent network and core network platforms
• Primary interface with vendors on technical issues
• Define the optimal network topology for the core network platforms for the connectivity of network elements to meet acceptable grade of service
• Execute prompt provisioning of network capacity for all the GSM/WCDMA/LTE NSS elements, features, protocols
• Responsible for designing and dimensioning of the core network and services, to meet the requirements of the RF nominal plan and subscriber growth forecast.
• Plan and design the implementation of future core network products
• Plan and design the network architecture to optimally serve the growth of the core network in terms of traffic, subscribers and value added service capacity
• Carry out feasibility studies for new products and produce a technical report
• Conduct analysis of network model outputs and traffic patterns to evaluate model and proffer solution if necessary
• General MTNN working conditions
• 4+ years of experience in cellular industry
• Experience with GSM, TDMA, CDMA networks
• GSM Planning Switching
• GSM System Overview
• AXE System overview
• Statistics and traffic measurement
• GSM Advanced System Techniques
• GSM operation handling MSC/BSC
• GSM OSS statistics handling
• Signaling in the telecommunication network
• GSM/WCDMA node dimensioning
• RF overview
• Network monitoring application training
• Project management course
• MS Excel Course
Interested and suitably quaified candidates should click here to apply online.