Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 477384
Job Function: Commercial Clients
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
- Ensure quality Credit Analysis throughput and speedy BCA completion.
- Participate and contribute to other Balance Sheet optimization oriented activities like asset pricing, facility structuring, etc.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
Work with the RM, in:
- Obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc.
- Deals Structuring and other account optimization initiatives.
- Expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Visit Clients operational base with the Relationship Manager (RM) prior to BCA renewals.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
Post Deal Account Monitoring:
- Promptly carry out Interim BCA reviews ad amendments as the business demands
- Ensure Zero BCA over due ad extensions not breaching the required threshold.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA ad other credit issues ad ensure quick turnaround o queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files ad ensuring Audit Readiness at all times
- Attend Early Alert Reporting (EAR)/ Portfolio call calls along with the RMs
- I partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put i Early Alert (EAR) as per the bank’s policies ad guidelines
- Maintain close contact with the borrowing clients on a ongoing basis
- Ensure that Credit Files are up to date at all times
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study
- I partnership with the RM, approve the TAS request as per the bank’s policy (only FI specific).
- Work o specific request from custody for limits (only FI specific)
- Prepare PMC report (only FI specific). Prepare summary sheets for FIS (only FI specific)
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of CreditMate, RMWB, ad other proprietary tools.
Key Relationships for
- (Deal structuring, Credit information, industry update)
- Clients / Trade associations,
- legal firms, Accountants etc
- (Approval, reporting, monitoring; Joint management of the portfolio as a cohesive team)
- Other stake holders (FM/ TB/CA/CRC, etc)
- To be read with individual Job Objectives
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM - no of structured deals handled successfully
- Minimum errors and reworks on BCAs being handled
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- Revenue from the portfolio
- No overdue BCA
- Satisfactory Audit and other internal & external reviews
- No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
go to method of application »
- Accountability for driving sales and portfolio growth for Priority Clients Acquisition Team
- Contribution to the formulation of the sales and portfolio management strategy.
- Coaching, Training and Personal Development planning
- Monitoring performance and taking appropriate remedial action
- Embedding sales governance and sales management principles across the region
- Sales Governance
- Sales management
- Delivery of the Team's budget
- Quality of business introduced through proper profiling
- Driving the implementation of the Sales strategy to ensure growth of the Priority Clients book through innovative leadership of the region's team.
- Onboard NTB Priority Clients
- Onboard NTB potential clients with multiple product needs (e.g. Wealth Management, Wealth Management OD, Mortgage)
- Engage NTB clients via leads sourced from sources like agency, alliances and owners of our Supplier & Buyer ecosystem
- Ensures that the applications meet the required standard.
- Ensure the anomalies / errors / omissions are attended to before submitting the application to BOO Centre/Credit for further review / processing.
Provide leadership to the BDOs, Priority Clients Acquisition team and support the Team to carry out the following responsibilities:
1. Prepare & set up (remote)
- Receive leads from leads management system - NTB from Alliances, Agency or Priority Centre
- Conduct research and preparation on client lead and prepare Bank's proposition
- Prepare all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms where possible
Sources of Leads
- Owners of CC and BC companies and top management staff of C&IC Companies
- Paid referrals
2. Call/meet, deep sell (in person)
- Call or meet in person
- Listen and determine further needs
- Communicate the proposition
- Acquire clients with anchor products
- Set up KYC needs with KYC centre
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Branch
3. NTB: On-board, Activate and pass on (remote)
- On-board, activate as per the 100 day plan
- Prepare and pass on Client into interacting with the Bank via Online, Client Centre and Branch
- Ask for referrals
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills:
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should clickon preferred job titles to apply online.