If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We employ more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
The Assistant Controller supports the Controller and ensures that the platform
1) abides by GE processes & policies in order to safeguard GE’s assets and limit GE’s liabilities,
2) meets GE and local regulation and compliance standards and
3) provides technical Controllership guidance to both finance and operations leaders with regards to GE GAP, US GAAP and local GAAP.
- - Provides technical Controllership guidance to finance and operations leaders and support the Controller
- - Manage and Lead intercompany transactions along with dedicated outsourced teams
- - Perform periodic reviews of processes/procedures in place with the assistance of compliance and audit team members to ensure strong controllership routines in place and sustain
- - Drive consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process
- - Perform and/or review monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
- - Perform and Ensure (DR) submissions, support representation letters issuance and adjusting entries.
- - Support the Controller on full compliance of Statutory accounts
- - Advise and Research on complex technical accounting issues
- - Collaborate with GE CAS and Controller for internal GE compliance reviews. Drive closure of open audit issues and work to prevent future issues / manage risk.
- - Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
- - Ensure full compliance and accuracy of closing activities (monthly, quarterly, annually) as well as Account reconciliation timeliness and accuracy.
- - Assist in Managing team of accountants, analysts, interns, FMPs and outsourced teams to ensure financial reporting, statutory, and compliance requirements for the legal company
- - Liaise & manage with Internal & External auditors for quarterly review & statutory accounts
- - Be able to interact with a variety of other teams (OTR, Legal, HR, Tax) and influence agenda to ensure controllership excellence in critical areas
- - 5 years experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- - Experience and knowledge with US GAAP and Algeria Accounting requirements
- - Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- - Motivated, self starter
- - Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills
- - IT skills, including Oracle, Excel
- - Membership of Professional Accounting body (CA (SA), ACCA, etc) an added advantage
- - A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- - Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Job Segments: Accounting, Database, Oracle, ERP, Research, Finance, Technology
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.