The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the Chauffeur position in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent serves as a chauffeur; S/he carefully and responsibly drives an official vehicle to transport CDC Nigeria employees, Temporary Duty Staffs and other official Passengers or cargo and delivers invitations for official functions to various locations in Abuja, and on occasion, to other cities in Nigeria. The job holder is responsible for daily preventative maintenance of the vehicle and reporting defects and malfunctions to supervisor for repair.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion in the application letter or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years prior driving experience as a professional driver with an international donor agency or large organization is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of the local traffic laws, patterns and locations of various government offices in and around Abuja is required.
- Ability to drive carefully and cautiously in heavy, chaotic traffic under poorly maintained roads and ability to recognize a hazard or potentially dangerous situation and take appropriate defensive action is required.
- Must have professional Class E valid Nigeria driving license with knowledge of preventive maintenance and ability to recognize when vehicle is not working properly.
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR - Ordinarily Resident - N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinary Resident AEFM - US$36,353 EFM/MOH - US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov