Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is the global leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper, power, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Emerson combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, DeltaV, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
The General Manager would provide Leadership to the Nigeria Sales/BDM & Services Organization for all assigned Emerson Process Management Business Units; in order to meet or exceed both the agreed short and long term Orders, Sales and Profit targets for the territory.
The role is to develop and implement a successful business strategy for Nigeria which is consistent with the overall strategy and objectives of Emerson Process Management, North & West Region.
The General Manager will also be responsible for the development a strong organization with a team of hi-potentials. He will provide support and direction to our Local Business Partner.
• Ensure Nigeria operates in compliance with Emerson’s Corporate Governance & Compliance Standards.
• Develop and implement a long term Country Strategy for Nigeria, consistent with the Strategic Imperatives of Emerson Process Management
• Work with our Local Business Partners to develop specific sales and marketing plans; ensure these programs are carried out in order to maximize sales/service opportunity and to improve customer loyalty.
• Meet/exceed agreed short and long term Financial Targets (Orders, Sales, SG&A). Set/manage goals/objectives for all assigned Business. Deliver on Monthly and annual Presidents Operating Report
• Drive regular Local Business Partner, country and divisional review meetings
• Maximize destination business by working in a cooperative manner with our global organization to increase our business.
• Build and develop an organization that can provide sustainable growth across our business groups.
• Develop a company culture that is based upon teamwork, dedication, integrity and continuous improvement.
• Manage headcounts & operating expenses within agreed budgets and assigned Delegation of Authorities.
• Direct and guide Marketing Communication activities.
• Understand customer needs and trends within our industry group in order to enact change rapidly to address these needs. Develop direct high level contact with our key customers.
• Engage in Emerson Process Management Key account and Project Pursuit Teams to maximize Emerson Process Management content. Oversee Nigeria project pursuit and Top 10 project list. Develop long-term relationships with senior management within Key Accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of all divisions within Emerson Process Management
• Ensure that Wireless and PlantWeb technologies are driven throughout the country and throughout all divisions. Set clear and concise measurements for success.
• Evaluate need for Representative/ADC’s Network and develop channel plan to maximize our business
• Develop open communication with the divisions’ business development and marketing managers relating to strategy and policy.
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by you line manager
• Manage projects pertaining to the Oracle Customer Relationship Management application.
• Drive the development of advanced reporting, analytics and dashboards to ensure necessary business insights are able to be gleaned from the tool.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.