The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The Human Resources Department of the African Development Bank is recruiting Secretary who will report to the Director. He /She will provide secretarial and administrative support, ensure the day to day functioning of the office, coordinate all office management activities and manage the office’s interface with organizational units and external parties.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Organize and manage the secretariat of the Director.
- Oversee the front office’s document processing, filing and tracking system.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Directors diary and email.
- Filter and direct incoming visitors, correspondence, emails and telephone calls, highlighting urgent and priority matters requiring the Director’s attention.
- Draft, type and dispatch memoranda, acknowledgement letters and responses to correspondence, and follow-up with relevant members of the Front Office team.
- Proofread routine documents prepared for the Director’s attention and signature, in consultation with relevant members of the Front Office team.
- Schedule meetings between the Director and key stakeholders within and outside the Bank and compile relevant documentation and briefings.
- Compile engagements, invitations and other requests for weekly diary meetings with the Vice President, Corporate Services and Divisions Managers in the Department.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements and produce a folder with diary and background documents.
- Ensure smooth relay between the Director’s Office and other complexes, external partners and clients.
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests in SAP.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Front Office.
- All other secretarial and administrative duties as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a License / Bachelor’s Degree or BAC+4 or Maîtrise or its equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial duties, training/administration/office management, etc.
- Preferably a minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an executive office (gained with an international organization).
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Excellent use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP).
- Strong typing skills.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, team spirit.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.