Since our inception, SENCE has been totally focused on building a strategic, quality consulting practice. We are committed to helping SMEs succeed in a challenging and tasking environment by providing them with the support they need to survive and grow.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensure an accurate and timely daily, monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Assist the MD in the daily banking requirements.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of transactions.
• Ensure, monthly, quarterly and annual returns to tax and other regulatory bodies
• Supports budget and forecasting activities.
• Collaborates with the other departmental managers to support overall company goals and objectives.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Work with the MD to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
• Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Assist in developing and implementing of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and firm.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
• HND/BSc in Accounting (minimum)
• ACA/AAT would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 2-4 years post-NYSC work experience
• Managerial experience - must have managed at least 3 people for minimum of 1 year
• Audit experience - minimum of 2 years
• FIRS, LIRS Experience
• IT literate - proficient in accounting software - SAGE/ Peach tree/ Quick book/ Dynamo, etc
• Proficient at data analysis - should be able to support CEO with data interpretation
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.