Project Design/Application Engineer- Electrical- Nigeria
Spencer Ogden are working exclusively with a leading supplier of Power Generation Solutions in Nigeria to assist them in hiring a new Project Design/Applications Engineer to joint their well-established team.
The role is with a leading, multinational company and will be a replacement for the current engineer who has taken a transfer to another global location.
The successful candidate will provide technical support to sales/project teams for evaluation and design of distributed power generation and co-generation systems (2-20 MW at voltages up to 33kv)
You will be responsible for the optimisation of over all electrical systems designs and for creating best value, fit-for-purpose solutions.
You will be required to prepare competitive proposals that meet the specifications and schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designs, develops and contributes to the following design responsibilities:
- Control topologies
- Functional design specifications
- Develops I/O schedules
- Contributes to the development and review of system P&IDs
- Single line electrical system diagrams
- Protection / load flow / grading studies.
- Written design specifications for all electrical equipment Balance of Plant
- Production and review of system / equipment Data Sheets
- Review suppliers drawings / schematics
- Produce project cable design documents
- Produce installation technical specifications
- Statements of Requirements
- Technical Risk Assessments – ATEX/HAZOP/SAP etc.
- Prepare electrical systems designs for the CAD draughtsman
- Provide technical support and advice to the sales and projects teams.
- Attending customer / client / supplier meetings as required, including:
- Support of the BDM’s in meetings with their customers
- Participation in project review meetings
- Inspection & testing of key deliverables from equipment and service providers, as required prior to release of equipment
- Interact with suppliers to identify and meet customer requirements
- Interact with suppliers to identify and meet best available technology
- Recommendations of suppliers / equipment to Projects and Procurement.
- System problem identification and resolution, should problems occur during execution of projects.
- Keeps up to date with the latest relevant engineering standards and recommendations, to ensure client solutions designs are fit for purpose.
Some on-site time reviewing installation against design intent, during installation phase will be required
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a relevant electrical engineering discipline.
If you feel you have the experience to meet the above requirements, do not hesitate in applying as start dates within May/June are available and interviews to be held immediately.