Job Number: 2015108
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization - Africa
About Us: GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
Posted Position Title: Business Development Services (BDS) - GGO Africa
Career Level: Experienced
Function: Business Development
Function Segment: Business Development
The Business Development Services (BDS) Manager is responsible for delivering improvements in the performance and competitiveness of target SME's / Suppliers ensuring readiness to participate in the GE supply chain. Business Development support commences prior to investment, ensuring a robust business plan that can be brought before an Investment Committee for review.
- Manage the engagement with the different GE Business Units to ensure alignment of needs and prioritization of activities.
- Identification of SME's / Suppliers aligned to the needs of the GE Value chain.
- Provide the link between the external BDS providers and the GE supplier qualification requirements.
- Utilize experience in the assessment of the SME and implementation of actions to get the business investment ready (if required) and qualified
- Act as the conduit between GE and the supplier.
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory and reputation requirements
- Foster the link with Supplier Quality teams to identify supplier capabilities and gaps and drive strategies to ensure capacity is available to meet GE business growth plans
- Leverage internal functional support to assist and mentor SMME's in the development of internal capacity (HR, Legal, Finance, IT and Training)
- Link with the GE Customer Innovation Center to deliver relevant workshops and training for target SME's.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of GE's capabilities.
- Assist in defining additional market opportunities within GE and in relevant industries.
- Provide relevant post investment / qualification support to ensure the sustainability of the Supplier
- Seek and implement innovative actions to deliver a strong local supplier base for GE in Africa.
- Lead a team of Supplier Development Managers to deliver on cross-functional program management in the identification and qualification of new suppliers.
- Promote GE values and integrity
- BS/MS Degree (Business or Technical preferred) from an accredited University
- Deep understanding of SME lifecycle and needs
- Effective problem solving approach
- 10+ years of commercial/project management experience
- Supply Chain experience an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership and team development abilities
- High energy team player with multi-cultural skills, able to influence effectively in a decentralized, global environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English
- High level of Integrity.
To apply for this position, click here