If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
About the Infrastructure and Climate Change team
- 20+ years’ experience at the leading edge of infrastructure reform with a more recent focus on climate change, power sector reform, regional integration and transport corridors;
- Focus on policy, strategy, regulation, financing (private sector participation and public-private partnership) and utility reform in energy, water and sanitation, transport, urban development and climate change.
About The Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF)
- DFID’s largest technical assistance project worldwide and winner of several international awards;
- Worked closely with the Nigerian government since 2007 to tackle the country’s chronic infrastructure deficit, with a focus on private sector involvement. Typical interventions include strategic planning, attracting investment, project screening, and institutional reform;
- An excellent team of five other resident managers.
About the Role
Adam Smith International continues to strengthen its in-house capacity through appointing a Manager to support the NIAF project in Nigeria within the Infrastructure and Climate Change Team.
The Manager role is multi-faceted and involves technical oversight as well as financial, administrative and operational leadership within a designated sector. There is significant scope for professional growth through the cross-cutting scope which will allow the successful candidate to become part of the senior management team in the largest infrastructure facility in the Department for International Development’s portfolio.
This involves developing a clear strategy to consolidate and develop our project, including:
- Management of high profile programme of support to the Nigerian government.
- Managing a team of international and local consultants.
- Developing and then managing the delivery of sector strategies in conjunction with the Managing Director and the sector technical teams.
- Optimising the delivery team through analysing composition and ensuring appropriate recruitment and retention.
- Deciding how, what and where support can be provided to achieve maximum impact within constraints of highly political and challenging environment.
- Review of proposed Terms of Reference produced by technical teams.
- Strong management of the sector budget to deliver logframe milestones within the allocated spend envelope.
- Overseeing relationships with Nigerian government clients and DFID.
- Preparing and presenting achievements and results.
- Developing public knowledge sharing and communications pieces as required.
As a Manager you should have proven abilities to build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments. You should relish working in a team, should be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change. Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experience:
- A postgraduate degree in economics, politics, or another relevant area from a top-tier university;
- Work experience in a blue chip consulting environment or relevant experience of leading successful delivery teams in a corporate environment;
- Demonstrated experience in business development;
- Experience in building and leading effective teams;
- Be willing to relocate to Abuja;
- A desire to travel and an enthusiasm for tackling unfamiliar and challenging problems;
- The ability to manage complex relationships with Nigerian government clients and donors;
- A pragmatic and resourceful attitude and the confidence to take difficult decisions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
You must be eligible to work in UK without a work permit.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability): Individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness): We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence): We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement): We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results.
- We’ve built a culture to reflect these principles, by identifying likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and excellent at what they do. We offer a highly competitive compensation, excellent benefits and relocation package.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.