AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is a foreign-owned financial institution, based in Lagos state, which offers a broad range of financial services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref Code: IT Application Administrator
Banking Application (CBS) Administration:
- Full CBS Support in all branches and Head Office (Frontend users And Backend).
- Execution Of CBS Day end and Month End Run.
- Run relevant scripts for Support and routine software backups.
- Daily, weekly & monthly reporting of CBS (Core Banking System).
- Administration of Test PCs and Test Server for CBS and all other software.
- Co-ordination of User Acceptance testing of CBS new release and updates.
- Support in software testing and migration to new Banking Application.
- Compliance to processes and framework in place within the department.
Application Development and Middleware:
- Key team player in the local Application development by leveraging on technology.
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes.
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties.
- Run relevant scripts on other databases.
- Key team player in supporting the IT assets management and upgrades.
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all Enterprise solutions.
- Ensure a proper segregation of duties/rights of users on CBS.
- Ensure integrity of daily CBS backups.
- Ensure availability of test servers (Core banking system, MIS, middleware).
- Ensure business continuity of bank Operations at any time.
Business Knowledge Management:
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of products, parameters, user rights, profiles and processes of CBS.
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank by being well connected in the bank to gather such information.
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department.
Necessary experience and knowledge:
- Minimum B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or related discipline with cognate experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Programming languages And database.
- Good Knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012.
- Windows Server Certification will be an added advantage.
- Efficient use of Win SQL 2005 & 2008.
- Active Directory Experience.
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming.
- Release/change management Experience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and process-oriented approach to work.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and able to work under stress to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative, consultative and customer-oriented approach.
- Reliable team player with excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English, both in writing and orally.
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- Prior working experience with a Core Banking System (CBS)
- Background in microfinance, banking, accounting and/or IT.
go to method of application »
- This role will involve overseeing external (client) and internal (production software and hardware) environments, coordinating systems analysis, and maintenance.
- Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for software implementations and day to day system operations to ensure up-time and availability for divisional systems.
- The candidate will exercise management over leaders of hardware, operating systems, network, phone systems, database administration, performance monitoring, backups, power supply and security.
- S/he will lead teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard practices. Additionally the candidate will participate in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the organization and will work with the Business Unit and Corporate IT leads on establishing policy and procedures.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years experience with 5+ years experience managing staff in a similar role, preferably in a multi-site or Banking environment.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft System Center suite.
- Proficient management of work schedules and shift management to ensure maximum staff coverage for a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability to manage pressure situations and provide excellent customer service to competing priorities for requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative
Necessary Experience and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of the core technologies in a modern data center environment, including: networking, load balancing, web and application servers, relational databases, web services, firewalls and IDS, directory services, DNS, content distribution networks, virtualization, storage area networks, Windows Server and Linux.
- Experience implementing, leading, and/or administrating key operations-related ITIL Functions such as Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Transition
Knowledge of System Environments:
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/08/12, SQL Server 2005/08, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Experience with virtualization technologies including Hyper-V
- Experience with networking equipment including Cisco, DLink and others
- Experience supporting SharePoint infrastructure
- Knowledge of current ITSM frameworks and practices including ITIL
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of core managerial functions such as budgeting, procurement, personnel management, and finance.
- Experience in IT operations of E-Banking or Online services
- Knowledge of methods and techniques involved in the completion of information system planning including security administration, operational capacity planning, and cost benefit analysis of alternative technologies
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools, particularly root cause analysis and problem solving
- Experience in creating an environment for improving customer satisfaction and promotes an atmosphere that establishes customer satisfaction as a key value in the organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate goals and priorities of the organization as they relates to technical issues.
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of project management tools.
- Plan development, Metrics, Cost and effort estimation.
- Schedule development, Risk analysis, Monitoring of production and compliance.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified candidates should please send their CV's and Cover letter as an attachment to: email@example.com with Ref Code: IT Application Administrator.