If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children's mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Responsibilities for M&E:
- Work in close collaboration with the Humanitarian Manager, All Emergency Project Coordinators and the country office Monitoring Evaluation and Research (MER) Coordinator to develop an overall M&E framework for the Emergency Response Program
- Liaise with the MER Coordinator for the development and implementation of an M&E Plan for the Emergency Response Program
- Develop indicator reference sheets, including a list of operational definitions of what are being counted for each indicator and develop appropriate data collection tools for the Emergency Response Program programmatic indicators.
- Provide community organizations, implementing partners and save the Children staff with clear and simple instructional sheets for each data collection tool and trained/provide regular coaching to relevant staffs and other stakeholders (e.g. teachers) on the use of the data collection tools.
- In consultation with sector specialists, design and develop program database and regularly update the Emergency Response Program Database
- Conduct post data entry verifications and regularly backups of Emergency Response Program’s programmatic database and information.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routine data quality checks and validations
- Lead the coordination of field data collection and the flow of reports from the field to the management team and provide regular feedbacks to field workers and key stakeholders of progress in program implementations.
- Lead the Emergency Response Program baseline and evaluation activities and ensure the dissemination and use of the information products.
- Collate case studies and/or help partners to collect case studies for tracking program results.
- Actively participate in M&E meetings with key stakeholders
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress reports and statistics as well as mid-/final reports to stakeholders
- Advise and put in place a system for promoting transparency and accountability of Plan for stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Humanitarian Programme Manager
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- holds self and others accountable
- creating best-in-class EA function
- future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- designing more effective admin and data management systems
- willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in M&E positions and/or program experience in field data collection in emergencies
- Detailed knowledge of M&E frameworks and M&E Plans, systems and indicator reference sheets
- Experience maintaining programmatic databases
- Good understand of routine data quality checks/validation
- Experience in survey and qualitative interviewing, including supervising field data collection teams and writing research case studies
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Training and facilitation skills in Education,
- Experience in advocacy for education related issues
- Have experience and/or knowledge about working with children on research issues and is aware of the local legal and child protection systems.
- Experience of working in a post conflict environment/refugee/IDP situation
- Project management experience
- Motorcycle riding with national driving license
- Ability to work as part of a team, Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines,
- ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before 7th of April 2015 explaining why you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!