Wherever people come together to imagine something, create something, build something, we're there to help make it real. For over 200 years. Around the world.
Drawing on our global experience and 200-year history, Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with innovative banking solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. Our goal is to deliver products and services that exceed expectations and help customers confidently achieve their goals today and in the future.
A key individual responsible for developing and maintaining a robust AML control environment in the franchise, coordinating, monitoring and advising on compliance with business, global, regional, and local AML policies, procedures, and requirements.
Being an AMLCO requires one to exercise sound judgment, strong influencing skills, technical expertise and leadership in fulfilling these responsibilities.
This role will also entail general compliance responsibilities including but not limited to ensuring that Citibank Nigeria Limited is in compliance with Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption standards and related regulations.
Act as backup to CCCO.
Citi has launched various initiatives to further strengthen the culture of Compliance and AML across all lines of business and jurisdictions in which it operates.
Routine activities as well as new initiatives create a significant body of work requiring close coordination and integration between Compliance and all the key stakeholders in the Business and support functions.
Providing prompt and effective compliance guidance on regulatory and policy matters to the business units to ensure regulatory and reputational sound deals, thus assisting the business to meet revenue target and minimize regulatory penalties.
- Assess the impact of key regulatory developments, sanctions and industry best practices on current policies/standards/procedures, ensuring that any necessary changes are properly implemented within the Business.
- Develop, review policies & procedures relating to all aspects of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Finance, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption activity.
- Work closely with the Business (Corporate and Investment Banking, Treasury & Trade Solutions and Markets) and other key stakeholders such as Operations & Technology to identify and mitigate the risks associated with existing and new business with emphasis on higher risk customers and transactions.
- Escalate and report AML/other relevant compliance issues to Governance Committees and ensure that Senior Management is fully informed of significant compliance issues as well as the plans for resolution.
- Provide expert advice to the business on the organization's AML specific requirements as well as legal or regulatory requirements
- Ensure awareness of money laundering trends and typologies by proactively referring to relevant industry publications
- Thoroughly review and provide guidance on customer KYC/due diligence records and ensure adequate enhanced due diligence is performed on targeted high-risk customers.
- Undertake AML related investigations arising from internal monitoring as well as ad hoc referrals
- Report suspicious activity to the relevant authorities in a timely manner
- Liaise with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with the same.
- Develop and deliver tailored training programs for the business & support divisions
- Respond to Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and other relevant escalations and investigations.
- Attend and where necessary, lead AML related customer interactions.
- Liaison with the Internal Auditors on AML Compliance matters.
- Contribute to a “no surprise” compliance culture by developing and delivering face-to-face, tailored compliance training programmes to new hires, transfers and existing staff.
- Ensure all Compliance reviews/reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) are being performed timely, are adequate and appropriately documented.
- Raise the visibility of AML compliance by specifically improving the compliance risk assessment and compliance testing standards
- Instigate and manage ad hoc projects as required
- Opportunity to work in AML Compliance at one of the most diverse global banking groups in the world.
- Exposure to international banking products, operations and regulatory practices.
- Visibility and accountability to Senior Management.
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience out of which, at least, 7 must have been in a Compliance/Control environment
- In depth knowledge of relevant key regulations and industry guidance
- Good understanding of corporate banking, investment banking and capital markets products
- Experience related to financial investigations; AML, fraud or counter terrorism
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Strategic and goal-oriented thinker
- Commitment to a co-operative and collaborative working environment, requiring an innovative approach to meeting sometimes challenging demands
- Ability to work individually and in teams on all aspects of AML and Compliance
- Ability to communicate with and present to all levels of staff particularly Senior Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or degree in other disciplines
- Audit experience will be an added advantage
- Operations, Control, risk related experience, though not compulsory, will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Method of Application
To apply, click here, select Country and Search
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale