If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cyclofoss Technologies Limited is a startup company based in Lagos. We operate web-based and social media platforms in a number of categories.
Cyclofoss is a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be. Cyclofoss Technologies Limited is founded on the simple philosophy of building innovative businesses around great teams. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
We're looking for ambitious, razor-sharp self-starters who take play seriously because to them work is play and they love the game and play it passionately. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and those who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
We are seeking to fill the position of:
- Cyclofoss is seeking for passionate Content Writers / Editors. This general-assignment role will cover breaking news for a constantly-updated news platform, mobile applications and the Social Media channels. The writer covers general breaking news locally and Internationally.
- While the candidate might cover day to day news developments in all categories, the prime responsibility is to find revealing and breaking news stories for our news platforms.
The ideal candidate would be writing for the web / print and engaging the audience via social media.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Must be a disciplined self-starter who can generate a large story count on a daily basis, while creating and maintaining important contacts.
- Must be able to write and edit stories while working under deadline pressures
- Manage daily coverage of the top stories especially in Entertainment industry.
- Monitor the Web at-large, TV Stations and Print publications for stories and source materials
- You have to be quick and resourceful in the field.
- We thrive on unique content and approaching stories in a way unlike anyone else.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Ability to dig up stories
- Multi-tasking pro: Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines.
- Ability to be precise and accurate in writing.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Educational Qualification: HND / BSc in any discipline.
- Experience: Entry or Mid-level
- Skills in the following areas: writing, broadcast journalism, news judgment, computer skills.
- Exceptional reporting skills and attention to detail
- Strong grammar, communication skills and command of language
- Knowledge of the entertainment, fashion and lifestyle industry in Nigeria
- Familiar with Local and International Entertainment News platforms and follower of Celebrity news.
- The environment may be fast-paced at times, requires the ability to rapidly accept change, requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities, and requires the ability to handle significant amounts of stress.
- Publish to the web and social media.
- Monitor news wires and competitive media.
- Self-starter with proven ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail and fact-checking.
- Excellent communication skill - both oral and written - with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds.
go to method of application »
The Content Editor will be producing relevant, engaging editorial contents for our online platform. The Role will research topics, make writing assignments, proof-read, and rewrite contents as necessary to meet aggressive online content publishing goals.
- The role will be editing all stories from freelance and staff writers, ensuring that all content is properly formatted and accurate.
- Producing new content and writing it in an interesting and appealing manner
- Sourcing images for the uploaded contents.
- Journalistic curiosity and energy
- Savvy about Web content trends
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills
- Ability to write and edit copy under deadline
- Seasoned in editing articles for publication
- Knowledge of online publishing, including HTML, CSS formatting, Content Management Systems (CMS), photo editing, and use of video will be an added advantage.
- Ability to balance several projects at once
- Knowledgeable in SEO and user-generated content will be an added advantage
- Efficiency, accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to details
Qualifications / Experience
- Candidates should have at least a degree or HND in any discipline.
- Candidates should possess minimum of 2 - 5 years experience in media industry
Method of Application
If you feel that you have the qualities required to add value to Cyclofoss, to help us move forward towards the future as the leading Internet Media Organization, then we would like to hear from you. Just send your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the Subject of the email.