Business Analyst – Application Support at Jagal
Posted on: 21 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil&Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal’s business units are lead by industry professionals and dedicated management teams. The Group operates through Managing Directors reporting to Boards of Directors with both executive and non-executive members along with external auditors ensuring the highest levels of corporate governance. Jagal’s performance is measured against world class standards across all our business activities. We possess profound knowledge of operating in Nigeria and have deep local experience. We work with world class international companies and are a trusted partner to multinationals expanding into the country.
Our Group maintains total commitment to the highest levels in health and safety. We believe in the protection of our environment and the welfare of our workforce and uphold high expectations for teamwork, loyalty and integrity.
Reporting to: Application Support Manager
This role has two primary functions – the support of existing business and engineering applications (excluding the company ERP system) and the analysis of existing business processes to identify when they can be improved or better controlled by the use of software applications.
Key aims and objectives:
- Manage the support of existing software applications (excluding ERP)
- Ensure that support issues are resolved promptly with effective communication to end users on resolution issues and timescales
- Provide the administration function for applications is scope, including the creation, amendment and deletion of user accounts, permissions and master data.
- Ensure that changes in the system configurations follow the correct change management process
- Ensure that unresolved issues are escalated to vendors and the Application Support Manager promptly and followed up until resolved.
- Ensure that master data is updated promptly upon request and that data is audited regularly
- Provide training, where required, to end users
- Work with end user departments to look at current business practices and processes and make recommendations on how these can be improved either through more effective use of existing software or through the implementation of new software applications. Support these recommendations, as necessary, with business cases and Return on Investment calculations.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Protect and enhance the company reputation.
- Ensure that all work done is in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy and procedures and that any observed Health and Safety issues are reported through the proper channels
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding application data
- To assist the corporate management team in maintaining appropriate professional standards for corporate execution.
Key internal interfaces:
- Head of Information Management
- IT Manager
- Heads of Departments/Project Managers
Key external interfaces:
- Proven five years minimum experience in IT with a focus on application support
- Thorough understanding of the corporate business processes especially in supply chain and finance
- The ability to train staff and corporate team members in the use of software applications
- Dynamic individual who can work under pressure and complete tasks quickly and accurately, with a minimum of supervision
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Cost/Schedule/Controls Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Finance Director (Africa) at Robert Walters
- Corporate Bills Collector at HydroDive Group
- Technical/ Service Manager at Quest Oil and Engineering Services Limited
- HR Systems/Database Administrator at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Latest Job Openings at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Atlas Copco Recruiting for Data Processors
- Job Openings at KERUI Group