Reporting to the HOO the T&D Advisor will work closely with the Nigeria team to define immediate and long term strategies to support AMSCO business objectives.
- Act as training advisor for the Nigeria team, clients and non-clients.
- Liaise with the Training and Dev Manager in the design and implementation of effective sector specific open programmes and in-house programmes, ensuring revenue and profit impact for AMSCO.
- Plan and undertake trips within the territory to follow up on training execution in client/non-client companies.
- Direct and/or undertake the assessment of training and development needs of client companies.
- Supervise the preparation of training plans for Clients within the territory.
- Follow up on the implementation of the agreed training plans with each client.
- Identify and recommend the use of the most appropriate training providers as requested by the clients.
- Monitor and evaluate the training activities in line with the clients’ succession plans and recommend changes where necessary.
- Advise clients on the quality of curricula especially on the client specific training programmes.
- Where training activities are completed, follow up with the clients to ensure they prepare a final report on the impact of training
- Maintain relations with training providers within the territory and continuously develop the training provider’s database.
- Market core training programmes to all clients and non-clients.
- Assist in collating success stories from the unit in liaison with the Marketing Department.
- Promote AMSCO to prospective clients.
- Upon implementation of training, follow up with clients on training administration – i.e. ensure the necessary documentation required for reimbursement purposes is submitted.
- Support the Finance Department in terms of follow through with clients on missing documentation relating to claims and other financial related documentation.
- Upload all training information and data into Salesforce.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related discipline;
- 4-6 year relevant industry experience;
- Proven track record.
- Programme design knowledge;
- Facilitation skills;
- Advisory skills;
- Ability to build internal teams and external networks;
- Understand economic development via private sector principles.
- Impact and influence– adapts influencing style to different situations.
- Negotiating skills – can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Problem solving skills – ability to identify, anlayse, organize and solve problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaboration – actively brings people together to deliver work.
- Interpersonal Savvy – builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Creativity – ability to come up with a lot of new and unique ideas.
- Must display superior verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Supervisory skills
- Customer service orientation.
- Advanced knowledge MS Office.