Infrastructure plays a critical role in national economic growth and development The
Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) is the foremost professional body whose members are actively involved in all aspects of conceptualization, planning, design, procurement, development, construction, maintenance and decommissioning of infrastructure assets and provision of services thereto and therefrom.
In recognition of these, NSE has resolved to institute a framework for Infrastructure Appraisal encompassing a Programme of Infrastructure Audit! Assessment and Score Card
Reporting with effect from end of20 15. To facilitate this, the Council has established a high level Steering Committee of experienced Experts to develop an effective framework and appropriate procedures and benchmarks for the Scheme.
The Society intends to appoint a full time PROJECT COORDINATOR to anchor and coordinate the various activities leading to the successful delivery of the Programme.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following key functions:
- To work with the President and the Steering Committee to ensure the development of a workable Framework for the Score Card Reporting scheme by the end of November,2015.
- To work with the President and the Steering Committee to develop a Work Schedule for the successful execution of the Programme.
- To anchor the day to day work of the Programme and to execute all directions on a timely basis.
- To coordinate and manage the work of the Committee, Consultants and other parties involved in the project to ensure seamless progress and successful execution.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the President or the Steering Committee.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- A B.Sc. degree in any branch of engineering (A higher degree will be an advantage)
- Corporate Membership of NSE (Accreditation with the Institute of Appraisers & Cost Engineers in Engineering Valuation). Appraisal will be advantageous
- Registration with COREN as an Engineer.
- Professional Project Management Skills.
- Strong IT Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Condition. Assessment Skills
- Technical Auditing Skills
- Not less than 10 years post qualification
- Experience in project development, planning and execution
- Experience in engagement with stakeholders and working with Public Agencies, Development Partners, etc
- Engineering Valuation / Appraisal experience
Method of Application
Compensation is competitive; in line with NSE compensation structure
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27 Nov 2014
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.