The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
The Regional Logistics Manager reports to the Region Logistics Director .
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
Responsible for Warehouse, Distribution, Haulage end to end processes, negotiates with, and influences process owners within the region to achieve the required process results, compliance and corporate governance.
Work closely with the warehouse, Haulage & Distribution plant teams to deliver the required business target on DIFOTAI through on time delivery and deployment compliance
Deliver best in class processes in line with Logistics EATB framework.
Support in the achievement of Warehouse, Distribution and Haulage scorecard KBIs in line with business objective in order to drive superior performance.
Drive Logistics Change Management stick ability initiatives as well as suitable operations improvement to enhance productivity.
Support in delivering target cost reduction as regards Warehouse, Distribution and Haulage Business losses.
Work closely with the plant team to deliver the required business target on DIFOTAI by ensuring timely execution of shipment, No ATP B loss for Warehouse and all shipment settled as per the PSSD.
Ensure effective stock count and reconciliation (Weekly & Monthly) to minimize business loss
Provide strong leadership, training and management for direct reports to deliver high standard results.
Manage compliance with service level agreements (SLAs) with internal and 3PLs
- BSC/HND degree - preferably in the field of Logistics, Social Sciences or any numerate courses.MBA will be an added advantage
Desired candidate profile
- BSC/HND degree - preferably in the field of Logistics, Social Sciences or any numerate courses.Chartered membership of Logistics institutes/ MBA will be an added advantage. At least 10 years experience in the field of Logistics, 3 of which must be at senior management level.Cognate experience in leadership roles of both inbound and outbound spectrum of Logistics of any manufacturing company or related Third Party companies. Skills,Knowledge& Experience required for the role include:
- Full knowledge of Logistics key strategic priorities.
- Ability to anticipate and avoid issues.
- Ability to make quality decisions.
- Knowledge and interpretation of policies, processes,procedures and systems.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Best practices knowledge.
- Drive for results.
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Financial management techniques.
- Coaching and feedback skills.
- Analytical, interpretative and presentation skills .
- Knowledgeable in SAP wave 2 WH and Inv Mgt processes and Microsoft applications.
- Detailed knowledge of EATB Warehouse and Distribution management standards.
- Sees people as the cornerstone of improvement and the achievement of the departmental objectives.
- Ability to take initiatives.
- Ability to influence with or without formal authority.
- Communication skills.
- Experience in leading and managing change.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Ability to build relationships and develop win-win solutions.
- Function business knowledge/awareness.
- Ability to read the situation and understand priorities.
- Understanding how to apply technology for business benefit.
- Willingness to experiment, try and support new ideas.
- Able to identify and evaluate high leverage opportunities.
- Prepared to search and spin ideas from other CCH Warehouse, Distribution and Haulage operations.
go to method of application »
Functional areas Supply Chain
The Cold Drinks Operations Manager reports to the Country Supply Chain Director and the key responsibilities of the role include:
•Implements the Customer service strategy and execution of SLAs in the Country
•Ensures operational excellence and highest quality of CDO services
•Total Cost of ownership of equipment
•Managing CDE life-cycle at lowest appropriate cost
•Drives continuously improvement projects with the objective to optimize efficiency and reduce cost
•CDE operational KBIs - measures performance of all activities and costs against SLAs, customer satisfaction and productivity goals
•SLAs with customers and suppliers defined, monitored and improved over time
•Ensures that CDE meets all H&S and Environmental standards
•Ensures that legislation and guidelines are respected in all CDO activities and CDE disposal handling
•Ensures that all staff have the required certificates to service equipment
•Ensures safe working for staff (safety regulations are fully followed)
•Responsible for Quality audits and CAP implementation
•Responsible for country CDE operational capability development
•Responsible for CDO Supply Chain EATB tools implementation in the Country
•Ensures implementation of successful supply chain practices in the Country
- University degree relevant to Manufacturing (engineering, food & beverage processing related),MBA will be an added advantage
Desired candidate profile
- University degree relevant to Manufacturing (Engineering related) 10 years working experience in the field of production management , 3-5 years people management responsibilities, In depth knowledge of a bottling organization: Planning, Maintenance,Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health & Safety Ability to make and communicate hard decisions and courage to stay the course.
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions .
- Ability to think tactically and strategically .
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins .Ability to select and assess first-line managers .
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others .
- Ability to empower managers . Ability to translate function strategy into unit/section's plan. Ability to lead and manage change.
- Ability to set standards for management performance.
- High integrity . Articulate communicator and effective listener .
- Ability to adapt leadership style appropriately .
- Ability to build relationships to improve results .
- Ability to understand what drives peers in other functions. Knowledge of the contributions of all functions.
- Open minded and willing to experiment and try new things.
Job location Head Office
Method of Application
To apply for the positions, use links below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale