African Development Bank (AfDB) - In September 1964, a group of Africans met in Khartoum, Sudan, to ratify the multinational agreement to set up the African Development Bank. They were representing the continent's newly formed twenty-five governments. They had the same mission and bore the same hope. Their hope was to see the new institution contribute to the continent's development and unity.
By this act, Africa was taking its destiny into its own hands in the early 1960s. From the very early stages, and often with reference to major market networks of pre-colonial Africa, its leaders had designed the institution so that it would be one hundred percent African. Africa wanted to be in charge of its own destiny and wanted to be distant from the ideological and linguistic divides of the time. Thus, the African Development Bank (AfDB) was created.
The bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
The role of the Capital Markets and Financial Operations Division (FTRY.1) is to: (1) Raise cost effective resources from the capital markets; (2) Contribute to the Capital Increases process and administer the subscriptions of shareholders to the capital of the African Development Bank; and (3) Contribute to the ADF replenishment negotiations and administer the subscriptions of donors to the African Development Fund and Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, FTRY.1, the incumbent will carry out the following functions, namely:
Implementation of the borrowing program and management of liabilities:
- Monitor bond markets
- Advise on regulatory developments in capital markets
- Manage relationships with banks and maintain constant flow of discussions on bond markets developments and a proactive and comprehensive coverage across markets and instruments
- Participate and/or design issuance strategy in various markets
- Draft the annual borrowing program of the Bank.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize the technical documents required to launch new bond issues
- Source, analyze, price, negotiate and execute borrowing, derivatives, buyback trades and other liability management transactions
- Update the Bank’s borrowing documentation including the Global Debt Issuance Facility and General Information Statement
- Participate in the investors& relations program to deepen and widen the Bank’s investor base, updating them on the Bank's credit story. Manage relationships with investors.
Administer resources and subscriptions of the ADB, ADF and Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative (MDRI) :
- Responsible for the administrative management of subscriptions of the African Development Fund, the African Development Bank and the Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative
- Advise Management and participate in discussions on capital increases and ADF replenishments; prepare relevant technical papers
- Prepare, review and control documents related to the implementation of the ADB, ADF resolutions and MDRI
- Manage relationships with member countries and donors Administrative management of subscriptions, contributions, payments and encasements
- Prepare financial notes, briefs and status reports
- Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative discipline
- Preferably a minimum of seven (7)years of professional experience in international Capital Markets, fixed income markets
- Ability to produce well-structured business documents and reports in English and/or French
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required in French and/or English, working knowledge of the other language preferred. English language skills should allow candidate to effectively interact with international investors
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of financial instruments, particularly bonds, derivatives, structured products, and risk management concepts
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment of capital markets
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender and age
- Strong ability to cope with multiple demands and competing priorities under pressure
- Very good presentation skills
- Ability to bring together people with complementary skills to ensure a project's success
- Command of standard computer software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Summit/Numerix would be an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale